This last week... I
really loved doing temple tours on Saturday. It gave me a chance to see
some of my members from my former areas since they came to the temple.
One of which was my RC, Annie, from my first area. The only investigator
I've been blessed to see through the whole process (except the physical
baptism itself). That was a really amazing experience, to be able to
hug my sister and tell her how happy I am for her and how proud I am of
her. She even started crying, it was so sweet. I'm so grateful she came
to say goodbye to me. I can't wait until the day I see her again. She's
truly one of my best friends. Aren't missions incredible? We also saw
some of our members from TaiDong. It was fun to reminisce with them.
Helped me to be reminded that maybe I haven't had high numbers or
anything throughout my mission, I've still been blessed enough to see
people change their lives and to help influence their lives. That's
always a miracle, when we're reminded of those little things. Let's be
honest, it's those little things that help us get out of bed and get to
work sometimes.
A really awesome experience this week was riding my bike last
night after visiting an LA family. Their daughter isn't baptized and the
father is finally progressing in coming back. They were talking about
the influences we've had in their lives and how they'll never forget us.
Well, on the bike ride home I was thinking about them and had the
feeling that we really need to help the daughter get baptized, that
needs to be our focus again. We'd stopped because there wasn't any
progress and we'd felt we needed to help them come back to church. Well,
I felt that we need to push for the daughter to get baptized and have
her dad prepare to be able to baptize her. I'm excited to see what
happens. I love this family so much and I'm excited to see them prepare
to go to the temple.
Another really great experience was at church yesterday. At the
beginning of the month we did an activity with our ward to encourage
them to read the Book of Mormon. We were sad about the lack of people
that came. But yesterday in Relief Society, our teachers was one of the
members that attended and she was talking about how much she loved the
activity and encouraging our members to attend the one for June. Then
she was also telling all the sisters how because of the activity she
felt like she should start helping her kids read the Book of Mormon and
now her sons remind her every day before bed that they need to read the
Book of Mormon. It was really touching to see the impact the activity
had on them.
An interesting experience happened Thursday. We have
Weekly Planning from 1-4 on Thursdays. Well, that morning was nice and
sunny then in the middle of planning, it started raining a ton! So we
got to go out in that right after planning. And ride to YingGe...
Probably slightly dangerous with the crazy hills into YingGe but we felt
like it would be okay. The funny thing was, as we're riding our bikes,
there were points on the road that our pedals would go under water
because the puddles were SO big! So crazy. Grateful that we always have
angels to protect us :D
This last week we've spent most of our time in YingGe trying to
help it progress. Well, it's definitely still a work in progress. Just
need a little more faith and a lot more prayers... I'm excited to see
what will happen this transfer.
I think that's all for the week. Hope this e-mail finds ya'll well!
Take care! We're gonna go play in the rain in Daxi today on their old
street. It'll be fun. It's a district activity with several of the
sisters in our ward. I'm super psyched. I love these girls, they've also
become some of my best friends. :D
Take care and jiayou!
Ai nimen-o!
Sister Thomsen

No comments:
Post a Comment