Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Here is Kim's Christmas letter:
Family,
How are you? How's your Christmas? Mine is actually really amazing! I got to listen to Elder Nelson speak today as well as his wife. They are both so sweet and have such a love for the missionaries. Honestly, it's still surreal to me that I'm finally here, wearing this name badge as a representative for Christ and getting to see and hear an actual apostle of the Lord speak directly to me as a missionary in person!
My district is amazing, I already love the Elders so much, this whole thing was truly done by revelation. I have the most amazing Coordinating sister who has so much love for us even though she still barely even knows us, along with the rest of our zone.Everyone here is so fun but there's such a purpose to them, it's amazing to see. They know why they're here, it's refreshing. We even have a 19 year old sister in our zone who I actually get to share a room with since she came in with us. I love her already, she's so amazing, as are all the Sisters I have the opportunity to be around! It's often overwhelming here, especially in relation to Mandarin. Our teachers teach in Mandarin every second with rare exceptions, which is how it's been since Wednesday. We also have already taught our investigator twice, the first time being on Friday...
I got a Christmas card from Sister Chamberlain yesterday, she's so sweet! I also got Tammy's card last week, it's nice to have those pieces of home, no matter how small they are. I hope you all have a great Christmas and had a good Christmas Eve. They moved my expected departure date to March 12, just so you know! Anyway, I need to go so here's a little of my testimony...
I'm so grateful for this opportunity. The church is true! There is nothing more true on this earth. Christ the Lord was born in Bethlehem to live among us and to complete the Atonement, showing the ultimate love for each of us as He is always here for us. He loves us so infinitely. It's incredible how much Him and Our Father love us and I have seen and felt it firsthand here already as I have had the opportunity to get to know so many amazing people, sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father who have chosen to serve him, and as I have had the opportunity to study my scriptures more in depth here than ever before. Thomas S. Monson is our prophet today and it was revelation for him to lower the mission age, I've seen that here as I feel like my fellow elders and sisters are my equals, no matter how many years younger than me they may be. I'm so grateful for this church in my life and this opportunity to celebrate our Savior's birth. It's such an amazing experience, one I will never forget. The gospel is true. Never forget it. If you have any questions, get on your knees and ask Our Father because he wants to be there for you, wants to answer the desires of your heart if you will only allow him to do so.
Wo ai ni,
Sister Thomsen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment