Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Ni hao wo de jiating! I'm doing pretty good. Last week was a hard week here in the MTC but things are a lot better. I hurt my knee last Monday, had two asthma attacks on Wednesday, and ended up going over to BYU urgent care on Wednesday because I couldn't get my attack under control. I've had a lot of problems with it but I got a blessing and things have been far better ever since. It's been more controllable, which is what I was promised would happen, so that's been nice. I got your package on Saturday and when do you expect us to eat all that candy?! Sheesh! That same day I got a package from the Durrants that was also really sweet. I've made some really good friends in my district, one of our Elders I swear I would've been best friends with otherwise and he's basically the best friend I have here in the MTC. But I love my zone, my district, everyone I've gotten to meet. It's such an incredible experience here, unlike anything I've ever had and something I don't really have words to truly describe. I don't really know what else to share with you, so I'll leave you with my testimony. This church is true. Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, meant to restore the true Church to the earth. He was an incredible man who endured much. Thomas S. Monson is our prophet today. He receives revelation to lead this church directly from God. Heavenly Father knows and loves you individually, as His child. He knows your sorrows, your joys, and everything else and he wants you to come to Him, to tell Him of everything you think and feel. I am so grateful for this experience, to know I am a missionary for Heavenly Father, bringing the true Church to His other children, bringing them the amazing joy I've received in my life. The scriptures are true. The Book of Mormon was translated through divine revelation by a prophet of God. There's such power and knowledge in the scriptures that you can receive no other way. I'm so grateful for this gospel and I know it's true. If you don't know, get on your knees and ask your father because He's just waiting to let you know it's true. Feng Yesu Jidu de ming, amen. Wo ai nimen! Tang Jiemei (Sister Thomsen)

No comments:

Post a Comment