Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Ni hao wo de jiating!!!!
Crazy, time goes by SOOOO fast here! I'm down to less than 15 minutes left to write this due to reading all the e-mails ya'll sent me. Thanks so much for that, the support really helps. It's also really hard to believe I've been here almost 4 weeks already!!!! We got a new generation last week and I'm slowly getting to know them. I LOVE our new sisters though, they're such sweethearts! One of them is 19 and one is 21 and they're both totally amazing, but everyone I meet here is amazing in their own ways... My older generation flies out this coming week and I'm sooo sad to see them go, I can't even tell you! I've learned so much from them and it'll be sad to never see some of them again but it's part of life... I'm just grateful I've had the opportunity to get to know them, as I said, they've taught me so much and help a ton with my Mandarin. We're supposed to be getting zone pictures on Sunday :) Maybe eventually I'll find a way to send pics home and then you'll know who I'm talking about. I'm thinking I may chop my hair off again next Tuesday, just to make it more manageable but haven't decided for sure yet so we'll see ;P Thanks again for the handkerchiefs mom, the one I had for the temple came in handy today while we were doing sealings since I randomly got a bloody nose, no idea why, and I'm sure it saved my white dress and such...
Stories for this week... I have such a hard time figuring out what to share! Our investigators are doing GREAT! TRC was amazing this week, there was such a feeling there and my zhongwen is actually coming along so I contributed more than usual, then right after when we taught Cheng, I understood most of what was being said and it was just incredible! I have such a love for this work. It truly is Heavenly Father's. There is no other way my zhongwen would be coming along as fast as it is. It would've taken me years to get as far as I have in weeks if I'd studied it outside of these walls and this calling. I have such a love for this work, the things we do here truly are of celestial importance. I have such a love for zhongwen as well, even though I'm awful at it and really can't speak the tones, it's still an amazing language and I hope I learn it better to be able to communicate with more of Heavenly Father's children. I've learned so much about myself, about this church, and about the billions of other people on this earth since I came here. It's truly an incredible place to be and I honestly have no words to describe what goes on here or how I feel. Even in my moments I'm annoyed, there's so much to love about those I'm surrounded with and I know I've made friends for the rest of my life. There's something about the way we're united in God's work here and the way it affects us. I love it. I love these missionaries, they are all incredible in their own way. I love this gospel. IT IS TRUE! There is nothing more true on this earth than the knowledge that we have a loving Heavenly Father who wants us to communicate with him, who wants us to return to Him, but most of all, who communicates with us and has a plan for each and every one of us. As we know this, it gives us such strength and power and helps us to do amazing things, like walk into the MTC not knowing a word of a foreign language and walking out 8-12 weeks later being almost fluent.
I wish I could write you better in zhongwen, but you'll have to get basic pignon without tones, but it'll basically just be my testimony.
Wo zhidao ji ge jiaohui shi zhenshi de. Wo zhidao Moerminjing shi zhenshi de. Wo zhidao Shen ai wo he ai ni. Wo zhidao Yuese Simi shi xianzher he Thomas S. Monson shi xianxir. Wo zhidao Yesu Jidu de shuzui shi de ni he de wo. Feng Yesu Jidu de ming, amen.
I'll have to actually write a real letter one of these days in all my spare time (HA!) so you can learn more about my life and better see the awesome pignon I'm learning... gotta go cause I'm TOTALLY out of time!
Wo ai ni!
Tang Jiemei
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment