Sunday, May 5, 2013

1/22/13

Nimen hao! Wo ai nimen! I've been working on a real letter but since time is so limited and I have no focus to get that kind of thing done on Preparation day, it's only about halfway done. Sorry, I know I'm a slacker. Today didn't help since I stayed up until one helping our older generation finish packing since they left at 8 this morning. We also get a new generation tomorrow of somewhere around 30 people, I can't remember the exact number. 4 of them are sisters and I'm so excited to meet them! It's crazy to think I'm now the older generation, they'll look to me for an example and to answer questions. I can't tell them I'd just go ask one of our older generation anymore since we ARE the older generation now... It puts more demands on my Chinese I feel like, since if we don't act like we're learning, they wont take it seriously. Holy cow, one of our sisters had 2 70-pound bags. Please don't do that to me! Makes me much more grateful for my small wardrobe, less decisions and chance of having such heavy bags... As for this week, the best part was Elder Holland! Yes, I got to hear Elder Holland, in person! It was so incredible, I wish I had more words for it. Apparently one of their biggest concerns right now is the Returned Missionaries falling away from the church after their missions, which is actually why Preach My Gospel was created, to better convert the missionaries, which helps us better learn how to fulfill our purpose by inviting others to come to Christ, since you can't do it unless you yourself are not converted. President Monson is actually very concerned with this, which is why he assigned the committee, which included Elder Holland, to create Preach My Gospel. It's such an amazing book but hearing that also made me realize how important it is and helped me have more of a desire to study it and learn everything I can from it. We're constantly told we should come home with ourselves being our strongest converts to the Church, which is my goal. I can't be an example to others unless I myself have undergone the process and realized how important this work truly is. I love this work, I have such a strong love for and testimony of this work. I know I say it every week but we save lives here. This is an eternal work, and one of the most important works I'll ever do on this Earth, second only to having a family. I'm so excited every time I see people choose to come to Christ, people who have a thirst for this knowledge and we can bring it to them! There's power in that. We KNOW God loves us, that He hears our prayers and answers them. So few people know or believe this and we need to share it with them, not be so selfish with the knowledge. We know Christ suffered for US. If there was only one person on this Earth who needed the Atonement, He would've completed it anyway, for that ONE soul. Every soul is important to Him and Heavenly Father and it's just incredible. I have such a love for this gospel, for this work, for the scriptures, and most of all for my Father and Savior that I've never had before. This church is TRUE. If you don't know that, please, take the time to read the Book of Mormon, to pray about it. If there's anything you don't know for yourself, follow it, pray about it, and you will receive your own testimony and please do. You're too important to not know. I'm learning more and more here the worth of a single soul, the worth of my soul. I'm learning how to overcome the pains of the past and to move on. It's incredible what Heavenly Father can and will do when we only let Him... Sorry, I got "preachy" again but this is truly my life. I have such a love for everyone and everything in this church. I don't know what I'd do without it but I know who I was without it but who I am with it is sooo much better. I had something else interesting to say but I seem to have forgotten it again... So I guess until next week... Zai jian! Wo ai nimen! Sister Thomsen Tang Jiemei

No comments:

Post a Comment