Sunday, May 5, 2013
4/23/13
Wo de jiating!
As I think about my first transfer here, I've realized the miracles I've been blessed to see. Yesterday and Monday I especially noticed. Within those days, we were able to meet with 3 people that I would greatly consider to be miracles, placed in our paths. One's a mom of two kids and came to our English class a few weeks ago. At first, she showed interest but then it seemed like her interest was only in learning about another religion which had me a little discouraged. But as I have learned her story and had more opportunities to meet with her, I'm learning how prepared she really is! Heavenly Father sent us this miracle who is so ready for this gospel! When we met with her last week and tried to set up a new time, she had no time she could come so our peike suggested we could go to her house and I was so happy we did! Her answer was instantly "I would love that! I'd love to bring you to visit me!" She came and met us at the church so that we didn't get lost finding her house and visit her we did. We have a set up next week to eat dinner with her family and teach them a little about what we believe. She wants to know how our church focuses on family and it's perfect since we're to Plan of Salvation this next time! We can't share a long lesson with them because her husband doesn't have much interest, but I'm praying this lesson will touch his heart and he will want to learn with her! It's been incredible to see how truly prepared she is! She wasn't sure about coming into our church but she has a friend that told her if she wanted to, she should come! And she told her we'd love to teach her about the gospel! I love how many people are involved in this work and we never know who might be receptive, who we might touch that day. Another miracle was a girl we met towards the beginning of my time here. We set up for yesterday but weren't sure if she'd come since it was a good month or so in between. Well she did! And it was a great lesson! She was tired but just wanted to keep learning more. She asked so many good questions and had so many great things to say, we didn't have time to teach her about the Book of Mormon but she was asking us about it and wanted to know what it was and everything, she was so excited to learn about it next week! Another investigator, She's so ready for this gospel! I can already see the changes in her and her life and I'm loving seeing them! Yesterday we shared the Word of Wisdom with her, well she had absolutely no problems with it! So we ended up moving on to the law of chastity, also has no problems with it! And she's told us in the past she wants to know if this is true and she knows if she truly wants to know, she has to do her part and read the Book of Mormon and pray! I truly feel she's so prepared for this gospel. She's already been talking to her mom and one of her friends about it and asked us questions they had. Even better, she said her mom may be interested in learning about the church too! I love seeing the progress of this work!
Another miracle was with a less active family we've been working with lately. We got to meet with the daughter Monday night and I think it was really helpful for her. I know it was truly a blessing from Heavenly Father. She was able to talk to us about some challenges she's experiencing, especially with listening to her parents fighting sometimes. So we had the chance to teach her about turning it over to Christ and being a good example for her family, which she already is. She has so much love for this gospel, I just hope her family sees that and comes back with her. She said she'll come to church on Sunday so we're really hoping for it! We also hope to bring the Elders with us to visit her family next week. We think that'll help since they first had Elders teach them, so we're hoping the elders will know what to say to help their testimonies spark again.
This work truly is incredible, I see how much the members have an affect so please don't forget the effect you can have. You may never know that you're having it but I know you are because I know what our investigators tell us about their stories. Thank you for the prayers in my behalf. I'm truly trying to just give my all to this work and I've been so blessed and seen so many miracles already, in only one transfer! I can't wait to see what Heavenly Father has in store for this week...
Wo ai nimen!
Sister Thomsen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment