Sunday, May 5, 2013

2/26/13

Wo de jiating! Can you believe I've been in the MTC 10 full weeks?!? I CAN'T! It's so crazy. Some days it feels like I arrived yesterday. Other days it feels like I've been here an eternity, something most the other missionaries echo in their reactions when I tell them how long I have been here... But it's been an incredible experience already. There is so much love and support here and I'm sorry to see all these incredible friends I've made leave but I know they are onto far bigger and better things to progress the work. My Korean-speaking friends left yesterday very early in the morning :( I was sad to say farewell to them, but I know they are going to change many lives. However, I know there will be more than a few tears shed this next week as my generation leaves, these amazing people I have struggled with day in and day out for the past 10 weeks. These people I have grown to love, that have strengthened and supported me or just helped me keep going on the hard days. They are incredible and I'm so blessed to have gotten to know all of them. I can't wait to look them up in 15-21 months and see how their missions went because I know they all will do great things. Some of our generation starts flying out next Monday, the ones heading to Australia (they're all in the other district) and I think another elder flies out Monday as well, but I may be mistaken and he could be flying out Tuesday, I can't remember. Then Tuesday, pretty much everyone else flies out. I know 2 elders are the exceptions to this outside of those of us flying to Taipei. They fly out Wednesday morning, then we will join one of the districts in our younger generation who has the 3 going to New York, new York South that are flying out a week early. I know this will definitely be a test of my patience and a time I will have to take trying to find things to love about them as well. There are some of them that truly annoy me, but I know there's also things to love about them so that week, I will find it! On that exciting news, those of us going to Taipei also get our travel plans on Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY! I'm terrified to go out into the field, but I'm trusting in Heavenly Father and I know He can do this, so He will strengthen me when I can't do this... As for this week... one investigator is getting baptized on Saturday!!! Another is slowly progressing, we're trying to at least get him committed before we have to transfer him into the hands of new missionaries :( I will miss these amazing investigators and their counterparts that are our teachers. They are truly incredible and have taught me so much as I have had the opportunity to learn from them. I have been so blessed in my time here and gotten to know many truly incredible people. I've also gotten to see many of them blossom and grow. Some still have growing to do that I know they will do well on, but the growth they've already accomplished is truly incredible. One of my favorites to have watched change because he really has grown a lot. As I've been acting as the tri-panionship's progressing investigator with a sister, I've seen him totally change. At first he wouldn't speak at all besides to say prayer but now, I asked a question the other day and he went on a spew that completely answered my question. It's been amazing to see this change occur. One of my best experiences this week happened with the same scenario in mind. We were doing practicing teaching in class and he and I ended up teaching each other. At first, he was staggering but as he started to just focus on his teaching and turn it over to Heavenly Father, there was such power behind the things he shared with me. It was easy to understand and he was stammering far less. It was truly incredible. It's amazing how Heavenly Father works through his missionaries which I've felt myself. There have been times that I've said things I had no idea where they come from as well as moments that I could feel the Spirit so strongly, confirming the things we'd taught. It's so amazing. I feel so blessed to be a part of this work, to be able to have these experiences. To see how people change and grow, but especially to see how I've changed and grown. I know I'm definitely not that girl that came into the MTC because I feel so different as a person in general. I'm in awe of the blessings I've received already and even more in awe of the blessings I've been promised as I do His will. On Sunday, I made a list of the promised blessings I've received in blessings I've gotten, in my Patriarchal Blessing as well as in other blessings I've received here that I've written about. I am truly in awe of the potential Heavenly Father sees in me as well as what he promises me will occur. I only want to make him proud now, to live up to those blessings and be the person He wants me to be. I don't have much else to say and I'm about out of time, but I want you to know, I love all of you. I know Heavenly Father loves all of you. You have untold potential as well because He has a major plan in store for you as well, one that you can and will fulfill as you turn to and rely on Him. Please do so! Wo ai nimen! Tang Jiemei

No comments:

Post a Comment