Sunday, May 5, 2013

4/14/13

Wo de jiating! Honestly, the miracles I saw this week that really seem the biggest to me, is the answer to prayers I've received and they have been large answers, covering many things that I really needed. I ended up crying on my poor companion Friday night about a few things. Well, the next morning as I did personal study, I found many answers I needed in the scriptures and I turned to last conference's ensign which only added to it! Then, I got to go to conference for the last two days, and honestly, I felt like the vast majority of them were speaking only to me. I often wondered how anyone else could be getting anything out of it since it felt like they went, "Okay Sister Thomsen, this is just for you. Heavenly Father wants you to know and understand..." It's an incredible experience to really see how much Heavenly Father loves His children and how much He looks out for His missionaries. It was also nice to be able to just be there for my trainer this week. She's been such a strength to me since I got here and this week, I got to help encourage her and let her know of my love for her. It was a hard week for both of us since numbers are down and we're seeing many investigators lose interest, desire, or just not meet with us. But we came together more as a companionship, leaning on each other and allowing each other to help make our burdens light, instead of only using the Atonement to do so. It was incredible! Then, we had 4 people at Conference yesterday! And a baptism! Honestly, what could be better than conference and a baptism right after? That's the best spiritual uplift ever! I know our investigator was so prepared, she is incredible! Now, just for our other really strong investigator to get her family's support and be baptized. Ah conference was AMAZING! So much of it was about missionary work! I'm so blessed to be God's missionary! I really loved Elder Anderson's talk about missionary work and the quote that this isn't missionary work, it's missionary fun. It truly is work, and the mission isn't always easy, but it's also so fun. It's so incredible to see people change their lives. I already get to see it in Annie and it's only been a few weeks since we met her. I love being the crazy "waigguoren" on a bike with the huge grin, especially in the pouring rain because I am God's missionary, His servant, I get to serve these amazing people, what don't I have to smile about? The gospel is all about joy and I get to share it! It's amazing how blessed I am daily as I see miracles, I see people change their lives, and I get to invite them to do so! I also loved President Uchtdorf's talk, definitely something I'll have to keep in mind in my future when I start my career, not letting the dark things of the world dim the light brought from the Atonement and the gospel. Well, I'm sorry I don't ever tell you much about my area or anything else. I never feel like there's enough time to do so and I'd rather focus on my miracles, on the amazing experiences and let you know more about them because those are the moments I see the gospel changing lives and the spirit changing hearts. Those are the true missionary moments, and those are the ones that are most important, that I want you to know about at home. What I eat is unimportant but how people feel, the changes they make, that's what's important. For this is truly the business of saving souls. I love you all and hope you continue to be well. Just a heads up, our preparation day next week is in coordination with the temple so since we're going to the temple next Wednesday, that will be the day I write home. I love you all, hope you are well, and I do pray for you. Thanks for your love and support! Wo ai ni! Tang Jiemei/ Sister Thomsen

No comments:

Post a Comment