Sunday, May 5, 2013

2/12/13

Nimen hao wo de jiating! (Hello my family) How are things with all of you? Things are alright with me. Moving rather slowly lately it seems but our district is also realizing that we're supposed to be more of a family it seems and we're working on unity as a district. Yes, I realize it is rather late since we've been here 9 weeks and all but one of our Elders leaves in 3 weeks, but hey, better late than never, right? We're actually kind of worried about that situation because of our district, only 3 of us are going to Taiwan Taipei so we're worried that Elder might be put into one of the other districts for our last week so he wont be the only elder, or that they'll just transfer the 3 of us to another district. I really hope not. I think that would be really awkward. I'd rather have him become just a solo elder, walking around with other elders from another district while we're not in class then basically just becoming a third member of our companionship otherwise, but who knows? Heavenly Father knows what he's doing far better than I ever will so I think I'll just try to leave it in his capable hands... Outside of that, not too much has gone on this past week... Though I think Sunday was the best day. I ended up being called on to give my talk in zhongwen and it actually went over really well. I talked really fast most the time and knew my tones were atrocious, but our district and all our sisters in our zone were incredibly supportive. One sister even said I blew her away because she's never heard me speak zhongwen like that. I guess I blew everyone away with how well my talk went when I only came in the MTC and started learning zhongwen 8 weeks ago. That's one thing I've come to truly learn about our district, we have some truly amazing elders. One of them has been really supportive for me, he said on Saturday that he was amazed how well my chinese is coming along, since I came in not knowing anything and now I'm at his level, not that his level is very high (in his words). Then on Sunday he also told me it was the best talk he's heard since we've been here. I think it was really sweet of him and I greatly appreciate the support. We all know how self-conscious I can be sometimes, especially about my languages. I mean, I wouldn't really speak Spanish to other people until I went to Spain and started to truly feel confident in it. Well, I'm starting to SYL more because I'm starting to feel confident in my language. I know I'm not perfect but I also know I try as hard as I can and Heavenly Father has been making up the difference for me. Like yesterday, in our lesson. No, I didn't know everything I wanted to say, and I often butchered what I did say, but she also noticed I was trying and she knew I loved her and this gospel, so I think the Spirit was there, which made all the difference for me. It kind of makes me glad I'm learning a language I've never learned before because I truly have to rely completely on Heavenly Father. There is truly no room for pride in a mission, and learning the language I am guarantees that pride truly has no room in my mission. But also, all of our other Elders complimented me on Sunday after my talk and it felt so good to have their support, especially since on my way to sit in my seat again, they all gave me the thumbs up sign. It means a lot to me to have that support. I will truly miss all these amazing people I've met here when they leave in 3 weeks, but I'm also so grateful I've gotten to know all of them. They have all truly blessed my life and taught me things every day. I'm surrounded by incredible people here. Yes, the MTC is difficult. It is truly the Refiner's fire for missionaries, but I wouldn't take back any of it. I wouldn't take back anything I've learned here either. I'm so blessed to be a misisonary for my Father and to get to know all His other incredible missionaries, but on top of that, I get to share the gospel, this great blessing I've recieved, with the world. There's nothing like that. I get to bring this great joy I have in my life to other's lives, help their families be together for eternity and to know they are not alone, their Heavenly Father loves them and guides them, and when they fall, their Savior is right there, already carrying them. He doesn't have to pick us back up because he never truly lets us fall, he's already carrying us constantly, you just decide how much weight you allow him to have. I'm so blessed to know this, to be a missionary. We also got to watch Legacy in Chinese on Sunday night for film, it was AWESOME! I loved it! I love this language! One more quick thing since I'm almost out of time (it always seems to get away from me so fast!) is the fact that yesterday for our Book of Mormon reading in class as a district, our teacher had us all choose 3-4 scriptures that spoke of Christ. He wanted us to mainly focus on the Book of Mormon but we could use the other standard works as well. It was so powerful. We didn't give references or background, we just read scriptures to each other. It's amazing how much you can learn about someone in how they read the scriptures, especially what scriptures about their Savior are their favorites. He truly is our Savior. We can all have a personal relationship with him, if we only choose to do so. We can find this out for ourselves. There is so much power in the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon. There's so much power in prayer and in this gospel, if we only seek it and learn where to seek it. Please, get to know your Savior and your relationship with him. If need be, study the scriptures that speak of Him and see which ones speak to you. I have nothing else I can really tell you, besides that I know this Church is True. I know Jesus Christ is our Savior, He loves us so much he atoned for our sins and sorrows and afflictions and to top it off, he died for us. His crowning event was in his resurrection so we could all live with him again. I know Thomas S. Monson is our prophet today. I know Joseph Smith was the prophet of the restoration. He truly saw God the Father and His Son. They gave him all the priesthood keys to restore the church. The book of Mormon is true, it IS the word of God and "a man can get closer to God by abiding by its precepts than any other book." It's so true. Joseph Smith may not have been learned in the ways of the world but he was so intelligent in the ways of God. Is there anything better? I know this is true. In the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen. Wo ai nimen!

No comments:

Post a Comment