Sunday, May 5, 2013
4/7/13
Wo de jiating! Nimen hao!
Life is great here in the Tu Cheng area of the Taiwan Taipei mission! I'm learning so much daily and I love it! It was an interesting week and had many difficult moments but I feel like those difficult moments helped me enjoy my miracles a little more. One miracle I got to experience happened yesterday. One of our investigators got permission from her mom to be baptized! She's so incredible and the light she had yesterday was truly amazing! Since before I got here, her parents have been saying they don't really oppose her being baptized but they wanted her to wait til she's older for it to happen. Well, yesterday she said her parents will let her be baptized now! This is truly an answer to prayers, I can't even tell you! Then there's our other little miracle yesterday from our investigator that is in herself a miracle. My companion found her on the street one day while we were passing our pamphlets for our English class (we call it "english boarding") and she taught her about prayer right then and there and she even said an incredible prayer. Well, she met with us twice the week after and came to Church last week on top of it! Then, yesterday she couldn't come to church but met with us after and she's already been praying a lot and says she feels good when she prays and when she forgets to pray she doesn't feel as good! She's also started reading the Book of Mormon! She said she doesn't know if it's true yet and that she hasn't really gotten an answer to prayers but she's so amazing! The fact that she recognizes that she feels better when she prays is incredible! Plus, yesterday we set a baptismal goal for her! She was hesitant at first until we told her it was only a goal, not a set date or anything. But she also told my companion that she reads and prays because if she really wants to know it's true she has to do her part and that's reading and praying! It's so incredible to watch! I can already see a little of the change coming over her, I love watching it!
There's not much else to report. Though I am curious, what were your favorite parts of conference? We don't get to watch it until this coming weekend. It's crazy how they do things here because they watch it in one go on Saturday and Sunday so it's 4 hours on Saturday and another 4 hours on Sunday! It's crazy and awesome all in one! I'm so excited to hear what President Monson has to say this conference and I'm hoping and praying our investigators will come and find something for each of them in it!
That's about all for this week, I don't really know what else to say! I love Taiwan, it's incredible and my trainer is also really incredible! I'm not sure I ever want to leave! I hope all is well with you! I think about and pray for you daily and I hope you're also trying to be missionaries because the true power of this work is in the members, I promise!
Wo ai nimen!
Tang Jiemei
Sister Thomsen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment