Sunday, May 5, 2013
4/28/13
One really cool miracle this week happened when we went to visit Sanxia. We don't often have too many opportunities to visit Sanxia since it's so far from the church and we basically have to have an emptier schedule to be able to make the time to go there or have investigators who want to meet there. Thanks to one of the elders and one of our members, we had 3 people to meet with this week in Sanxia! Well, every week the Sanxia elders ask where their referrals are but since we rarely meet anyone from Sanxia we never have referrals for them. So, my companion said she wanted to find them a referral that day and as we were trying to take a talk to an investigator's house we said a prayer we'd be able to find someone we could refer to the elders. We had problems finding her house and were just standing there trying to figure out where it would be when a man comes up and asks "How I can help you?" Yes, it was in English. It was really awesome because we found out the elders had given him an english class tract but he'd lost it so as he was telling us this, he told us how badly he wants to go to English class. Then he told us "Give me, give me!" So that he would know time and place and everything :) We also got his information for the elders to be able to call him and remind him of english class on Wednesday and try to set up. It was an awesome experience.
This week I also have a really funny story for you. I've decided, if you ever need to just hear that you're pretty or good looking, just go visit another country since in Spain they seemed to call all the American girls "guapa." Well, Taiwan more or less does the same with the men since they're all "Shuige" (not sure if I spelled that right, but you can't get the full effect without hearing it anyway...) and constantly calling the females "cute" or "pretty" in chinese. Well, to go along with that, my funny story happened on the way back from temple tours on Saturday. Since it was Saturday temple tours we were exhausted since we were there basically all day and we hadn't had any set-ups so we got to basically spend all day contacting people. Well, we were on the MRT headed back to Tu Cheng and this older gentleman came over and started talking to my companion since he was amazed she spoke Chinese. Out of the blue, he starts speaking Spanish! My companion told him she didn't understand since she doesn't speak Spanish but that I do. So he comes to me and starts singing this Spanish love song! So funny! I don't remember most of it and it was really hard to hear him but all I mostly heard from it was that the song repeats "Besame! Besame mucho!" a lot! So I can officially say I've been serenaded by an older Taiwanese gentlemen on an MRT with a Spanish love song. Never thought I'd see the day! lol! The cool thing about it was that because he did that, after he got off, we had two ladies start speaking to us that we got to share a little about the gospel with. I'm not sure anything will come of it but it was still cool :)
As you can tell since I came back to Tu Cheng on Saturday night, I didn't leave for transfers. However, after I'm done training this transfer my guess is that either my companion or I will be moving since basically every companionship of sisters will be training this next transfer. It's so cool to see how much this work is progressing! We got 13 new sisters in the field this last week to begin this transfer! I knew 10 of them in the MTC but it's still way cool how much this work is progressing and Heavenly Father is preparing people to teach this gospel. Think of how many more people he's prepared for those people to teach His gospel! It's like that tomato plant analogy someone shared in conference, you never know how much can come from 1 little seed! It was sad to see people go home though. I got to know two of them rather well, since one was my District Leader and the other was my Coordinating Sister. I'm sad I only got to spend 1 transfer with them but glad I got to know them at all. They're awesome people and I feel like I still got to learn a lot from them. Oh, and happy news! We might be moving this next week! YAY! No more loud apartment with a Buddhist temple behind and to the side of it (yes, we have two in our immediate vicinity) so between those and the traffic, our apartment is obnoxiously loud and it's often difficult to feel the spirit, not to mention the yucky mice! I'll be glad to leave though miss it some since it was my first home in Taiwan. The work is progressing, I've seen so many miracles in just the smallest things and I can't wait to see it continue! I'm so blessed to be a Taiwan Taipei missionary! I think I'm about all out of things to say, not to mention that I think this novel is long enough :P
Wo ai nimen!
Tang Jiemei
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment