Wo de jiating!
Feliz Cinco de Mayo! (since in America it's still May 5th... lol)
One of our biggest miracles this week was a referral by a member. We ended up going and eating dinner with her and her friend, Tina. Well, Tina is one of our new investigators last week. I've been carrying around several copies of the Book of Mormon lately to find good people who need the Book of Mormon and gospel in their lives and I was able to give one to Tina. She was really interested in reading it and praying! I can't wait to meet with her this week and see if she's really done it! That whole lesson was incredible! Our member shared a scripture she'd read in the Bible that day (or maybe just recently, my Chinese still isn't the best). Well, from what I understood of what she read and testified, I thought of a scripture in the Book of Mormon (I say I thought of it, but I'm pretty sure it was actually Heavenly Father prompting me) and we shared that with her. It was an amazing experience! She kept flipping through the Book of Mormon, but there was a reverance in her actions, I think deep down she already knows it's true. She was hesitant to take the Book of Mormon, partly because the Bible is so confusing, but her friend explained more afterwards so she became really excited to read it, like she couldn't wait to get started. I really hope that excitement didn't waver and she started to read it. I truly feel like she's so ready to hear this gospel, like many of the amazing investigators we've been blessed with lately. I have seen Heavenly Father's hand so much in our lives, daily He reminds me whose work this really is and so I better get to work!
Thursday was also really good. I was frustrated at first since our investigator was over half an hour late but she came! And she was so excited to hear the gospel. That was one of the most spiritual lessons I've had on my mission. The room was so full of the spirit and there was just so many miracles for that one lesson. One was that our peike was perfect for that lesson and she wasn't even our scheduled peike, she'd just showed up at the church to get a Priesthood blessing but stayed to help us peike and just talk to us. It was incredible! Thursday was just a really good day :D this week was really good, with so many lessons and blessings, I don't even have words for it or the time to share it all with you, but I've truly seen Heavenly Father's hand at work, from the littlest details where we don't have time to eat and show up to a lesson and they have food for us to the big miracles of meeting people who are so ready for this gospel and having amazing lessons with them.
One of my favorite moments this week was Wednesday night after English class, one of our investigators was meeting with Sister Sutton and a member while another member and I met with a different investigator. Well, when Sister Sutton got done with her appointment, I was already done and our investigator walked out and gave me the biggest hug and was just so excited to see me. Helped me feel really good to have that reaffirmation of this work and the love of our investigators. She has such an excitement for the gospel anyway, it's awesome!
Saturday was busy, sadly mostly not with the mission work. But on the bright side, we're moved! To the 11th floor and it's so much quieter than our old apartment and the best part? NO MICE! The only thing is, we went from living in one of the cheapest apartments in the mission to one of the most expensive, it's crazy. But part of that is because our new apartment is ginormous! In the words of Tang Zhanglao, it's the "queen's throne." It's so nice! Explains why it's so expensive, lol!
Anyway, that's about it for the week, take care!
Wo ai nimen!
Tang Jiemei
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment