Jiating!
This last week has been a good and a rough week all in one. We have had awesome miracles. One was as I was on exchanges in Songshan Monday night. We were out contacting and English boarding and met this high schooler that Sister Chen asked "Can we just take a short period of your time to share our incredible message?" And she listened! Then, when we wanted to give her a Book of Mormon she was so excited, she was like "what, you want to GIVE me this book?" I love giving them copies of the Book of Mormon, as their gifts. Truly incredible to see the smile it gives them! Xizhi is great. We truly have investigators progressing, few as they may be. We've also hit the pavement a lot this last week. Sadly, it's really hard to actually teach people here, they often don't want to listen to what we have to say. If we're lucky, we often can give them a pamphlet but that's it. However, we also had a cool miracle last Wednesday. On Monday, we'd gotten a referral from Elder Chen in the Bu and she had contacted him about English class. I called her and she set up to meet with us. Well, not only did we get a new investigator, we also were able to set a baptismal date with her! I really felt the spirit in that lesson, it was incredible!
Also, we have another investigator here that is more or less an eternal investigator because her husband fandui's. Well, as I was able to meet with her, we were able to discuss a lot and she set a baptismal date! She wasn't willing to set before next April but it's a start and I truly know a miracle can happen and that date can move up if she desires it. Sister Porter had told me that she wouldn't set a date because she knows she can't keep the sabbath right now (because of her husband) but I asked if we could just set a date that day, according to her feelings. I truly hope she'll get baptized sooner but I know setting a date is a big step so miracles can still happen!
On Sunday, on our way out from stake conference, I was also able to see several of my old Tu Cheng members. But the one that touched me the most was seeing my RC, Jia Ling. She was so excited to see me and it really helped me to feel good. Reminded me why I'm on a mission and that I have a purpose here. It was exactly what I needed at the time I needed it. Really reminded me that Heavenly Father is mindful of every one of us and He truly loves us and desires to help us and for us to be happy.
Another awesome miracle I've had since I've come to Xizhi has really been seeing how much my language has progressed and how useful phase 2 is. For the first time, my Chinese is the best in my companionship. When I realized this, I had a mini-breakdown wondering what on earth. However, I've really felt Heavenly Father's help lately as we've been talking to people and I can somewhat understand what they're saying! No, I'm not perfect. No, I don't understand 100% but I understand a lot more than I did before. And phase 2 has really come in handy because my companion will ask me about a word I understood and more often than not, I realize I learned it in phase 2! Definitely a miracle and a blessing!
I'm so excited to finally get to go to the temple again today. I realize the other day that the last time I went was in April. So long! Especially when I used to go pretty much weekly before my mission and weekly while in the MTC. Also, I'm really excited to get to partake of the Sacrament again on Sunday. 3 weeks without the sacrament! Wow! Really do feel a difference even though I'd go to church and stuff, it's different, it's a different feeling.
That's about it for now. Hope all is well with you and in your neck of the world! Love you!
Jiayou!
Sister Thomsen

No comments:
Post a Comment