Monday, October 21, 2013

8/11/13

Wo de jiating! Wo de pengyou!
Miracles! I feel like I've been so blessed in seeing miracles lately! My favorite was one that developed throughout the week. Monday night we got a referral in the phone system, a Ding Xiao Jie, so I called her. She told me she was busy at that time but I could call back on Tuesday, so I did and set up with her. Thinking she was an investigator, when our 8 o'clock appointment cancelled we invited the peike to help us at 7 instead for her appointment. So the peike came and my companion, the peike, and I were all waiting for her to show up. Well, she gets to the church and it comes out over time that she was baptized 10 years ago but went inactive shortly after. She doesn't seem to have much of a testimony was the feeling I got but she was willing to come so I think her heart and spirit are willing. The true miracle is, she came to church on Sunday! After 10 years of being inactive! That was truly such a miracle and a blessing to get to see. It was a miracle she was found, I truly know it was Heavenly Father's guiding hand and I'm so truly grateful for it.
My second favorite miracle was a new investigator. Her name is Chen Xiao Jie, though we have so many Chens that we call her Chen scooter girl to clarify who she is. We were English boarding Monday night and were actually on our way back to our bikes since our time was done and we were going to head out to contact somewhere else. Well, this lady slows down on her scooter so my companion started talking to her. She pulls over and keeps talking to us, then asked why we're "latter days" and asked if there was a former church or something. We smiled and asked her if we could meet with her again so we could better answer her question. She was willing and so we met with her about 3 days later. The miracle is, she set a baptismal date too! She truly seems like a prepared person. I feel so blessed to know her and get to teach her.
We have some really progressing investigators but this last week we've also been doing spring cleaning. We've dropped 2 or 3 and we have the potential of dropping a couple more this next week because they're not progressing and meeting with them is wasting their time and ours because they're not ready yet. They're not willing to do their part. That's always sad, but that's why we have former's records, so one day, when they are ready, someone else can find them. I feel like we're starting to build Taidong back up though, all the missionaries are. Our mission's kind of in a drought at the moment, but I think that will change after our special fast this week. We've invited the members to join in with us and it will be our entire mission doing it. I'm excited for the results. I feel like Taidong area especially has been having troubles lately but it's been great to see the missionaries still working hard and having good attitudes. I feel so blessed to be here daily. I love being Heavenly Father's missionary, to do this work and help his children come unto Him.
Thank you for your love, prayers, and support. I know they help to bear me up which is exactly what I need sometimes.
Hope all is well! Take care!
Ai ni-o!
Sister Thomsen/Tang Jiemei

No comments:

Post a Comment