Honestly, one of the biggest miracles this last week is how things have just worked out. On Thursday the Sister Training Leaders called and said we were doing exchanges on Friday and Saturday. This required traveling until about 3 in the afternoon and being able to get to work after that. Because of this, we ended up having to move our appointments on Friday and Saturday, which were all lined up in a row back to back for pretty much the full day, and I was amazed how not one of them was upset and they all rescheduled with us. It was awesome! I'm also amazed at the end of this week seeing how calls worked out and other lessons. We worked hard this week and as I see the amount of contacted referrals and other lessons that came from it this week those are both miracles to me, especially with as much time as we were traveling and such, not really working in our area. I know we were blessed in our efforts this week. Another really cool miracle is as we went to visit an LA and she just completely opened up to us. She told us that there's no reason why they stopped going to church and they just got used to it but she also told us there's no good reason for her not to go. It was incredible. Then, one of our active members called her yesterday morning to see if she was going to church and if she wanted a ride and she came! Our active went to pick her up and sat by her all day, it was awesome. Just shows that we really do need our members, to help bring people back to activity as well as help them get baptized. Another cool miracle was one of our investigators, I've never met her before but Sister Zhong had set her up to meet with us this Friday night before she left Taidong. Well, Wednesday night we got a call asking if she'd set up for Wednesday or when because she couldn't remember and it turns out she left town on Friday so had no way to meet with us Friday. She was able and willing to reschedule with us for Thursday night. Thursday she called to move it up because she had to leave. It was so cool, I've never had an investigator so on top of things who was willing to ensure she met with us no matter what was going on. When we did meet with her, one of her first questions was, can we make a set time to meet every week? It wasn't like we were going to tell her no! So now we have 2 investigators with set times to meet with them every week, it's really cool and definitely a miracle.This week, it's also a huge miracle I'm still alive. I've almost been hit countless times this week riding my bike. Elder Rayburn and Sister Chao have both told me they thought I was about to die after someone almost hit me. I definitely know Heavenly Father has angels surrounding me, for there is no other way I could have avoided being hit as much as it happened this week. I keep telling Sister Chao, I can't wait until after this life when I can rewatch the videos of my mission and see all the angels around me that kept me alive while riding my bike here.
Honestly, I don't have much else to share this week. It's been another interesting, hard week. Welcome to life white-washing the east coast. But I wouldn't trade it for the world. This experience has definitely been one with a lot of growing and I know it will continue to happen. Obviously there's still a lot of room for me to grow :)
I love you all and hope you're doing well.
Wo ai nimen!
Sister Thomsen/ Tang Jiemei

No comments:
Post a Comment