Monday, October 21, 2013

6/23/13

This week had some pretty cool miracles. One of which was an investigator Sister Crofts found when she was on exchanges here. Well, she actually showed up at the time I'd set with her on Saturday and it was an incredible lesson. She told us how she has so many regrets. She really just needs the Atonement in her life, and we're blessed enough to share it with her. That was actually a really great lesson, filled with the Spirit through and through. Honestly, we have a lot of miracles in finding. Sister Brown is so good at it, I love learning from her example in finding. So finding has become one of my favorite times of day, when we can just talk to people. We even taught some Athiests the other day. They had no interest but they were willing to let us talk to them, so the seed's been planted whether anything comes of it any time soon or not. We also had one of our recent converts go with us in finding the other day, it was cool to be able to work with her, helping her to prepare for her mission since she's bound and determined to go when the time comes. It's really cool to see.

Honestly, I don't really know what to share with you this week. We have a really awesome new investigator, Wang Jiemei's daughter actually. Probably the easiest new investigator and baptismal date I've ever had. The conversation went a little like this:
"Would you be willing to keep meeting with us and learning the gospel, being able to change like your mom has?"
"Yea, that'd be cool."
"Okay, do you think we can set a date for you and us to work towards in teaching you so that you can prepare to be baptized?"
"Yea, if the day comes and I feel like it's the right thing, I'll get baptized that day."
Honestly, it's never that easy. She's so golden and I'm so blessed to get to know her. I love her to death and I know she definitely has potential to progress in the gospel! And yinggai hui, I think she will.. :) Our other really cool lesson this week was Annie last night. She's so golden. She'll have her baptismal interview probably next Sunday, as will Wong Jiemei! We may have two baptisms next week, with 2 really cool investigators! I love them both though they both still have their own individual baggage that I feel like they're trying to work through. I hope it all works out because they both really have a desire to be baptized. Just hope Satan doesn't get to them!

I also got a letter from Sister Chamberlain and TeAnu this last week. That was a nice surprise. I feel so blessed to have so many ward members and friends supporting me. Please tell them thank you for me. I'm trying to get better at writing letters but I've gotten so bad at it since we're always so busy on P-day. So it's really not lack of a desire to write them, it's just life is too crazy here :( Poor Teresa is great at writing me, I always feel so bad since I'm not the best at writing her back :'( It's a process I'm working on, but like everything else, it's taking a lot of time. I also got Sister Morey and Aleesha's wedding invites. It made me feel really good that Sister Morey took the time to send me a wedding invite since she was my MTC teacher. It also meant a lot for Leesh to take the time to get my address to send me her wedding invite. Their invites are so cute and I'm excited for both of them! haha I hope they're like Brother and Sister Ding that fed us last night. They are seriously the cutest couple on earth. They've been married for probably about 5 or so years but they're just so cute together. The elders all said it made them at least a little trunky. It didn't make me trunky but I do hope that if I ever get married I have a marriage like theirs because they are absolutely adorable! I also have an advantage on almost everyone in my district, I'm really new on my mission still. Only Elder Illu (Sounds like E-You, it's Guatemalan) is younger than me mission-wise since he just got on island this transfer. I actually have a really old district, most of them will be going home in the next few transfers, then there's Elder Forbes who will be going home the same time as me since he just hit his year mark, and Elder Norris who goes home the transfer before me. So yea, I'm a really young missionary in regards to time on mission, so I think it's harder to make me trunky, lol.

Honestly, I have so much respect for the Taiwanese people. They truly are incredible. They all go through so much in their lifetimes but still have a huge respect for others and are willing to help others a lot. I truly feel loved by my ward members and investigators but they are still constantly my examples. I feel like there's nothing I can really teach them, they teach me everything. I'm so blessed to be a Taiwan Taipei missionary. This is the hardest, most incredible experience of my life. One of the most rewarding things I've ever done. I hope to truly lose myself in this work but it's terrifying that I only have a year left to do so. Better get to work, eh? I can't believe June is already in it's last week! I can't believe this time next year I'll already be home. Time seriously goes by way too fast. I have no desire for my mission to end, to leave this amazing country with its amazing people. I hate that all things must come to an end.

Anyway, I think that's about all I have to say this week. Hope all is well and you're still working hard! Jiayou!
Wo ai ni-o!
Tang Mei Xing Jiemei/Sister Kim Thomsen

No comments:

Post a Comment