Zao!
This week was great. I was really stressed out since the TuCheng/Xinban area is huge but I'm blessed to have awesome companions in that awesome huge area. Sister Brown has been really good at helping me see the miracles. One of which is our investigator Annie. We met her the first Wednesday of the transfer and I have been trying ever since to get her to come to church. Well, Saturday night, she called me to make sure on time and said she was coming to church! Then, she actually did yesterday! She wasn't even feeling well but she still came to church! She said that also really loved it and wants to come every week. Then, after church I met with her mostly to just follow up on her commitments and one of the biggest miracles I was able to see is that she's doing them! We've taught her Word of Wisdom and at the time she said that she really liked her tea and coffee and wasn't sure about it, then when we met with her yesterday, I wanted to check up on it and I guess I should have had more faith in her because she's completely doing it already. That was a true miracle. Then, in her prayer after the lesson, she asked Heavenly Father to help her be able to come to church every week. It shows our members really do help since the sister we usually have peike asked her on facebook or by text if she was coming and so she did!
Another miracle was another investigator calling us last night. She's been on the fence and we haven't been able to meet with her for a long time, usually we set with her and she doesn't come. Well, last night, she called us, which never happens we always have to call her, and asked if she could meet with us this week! Sister Sutton and I were back and forth on whether to keep trying with her. We both love her so much that we didn't want to give her up but she wasn't really progressing and hadn't met with us since towards the beginning of the transfer, but obviously she is progressing since she's reading and she called us to meet!
We've been so blessed with miracles this week, and one of those is my amazing companion who helps me see the miracles. I'm blessed to have her.
So, let's tell you about this new companion of mine... Her name is Sister Brown and she's from Ogden, Utah. She was roommates and really good friends with Sister Sutton before the mission, and I loved her and her companion, Sister Sun, almost right after I got here. I feel so blessed to have Sister Brown, yes she has a new way of doing some things in missionary work but she really is an incredible person and missionary and I'm already learning so much from her. She's really teaching me how to open my mouth and be okay with talking to people, to not be afraid of my Chinese, basically.
Honestly, that's mostly it for the week. I'm excited for the baptism this next Sunday, Wang Jiemei is great. I feel so blessed as a missionary every day and every baptism, every lesson, everything is a true miracle. I love this work and I feel so truly blessed to be a part of it. Hope all is well with you.
Wo ai nimen!
Sister Kim Thomsen/Tang Mei Xing Jiemei

No comments:
Post a Comment