Monday, October 21, 2013

5/12/13

So, I'm calling home in a few hours, but here's some of the experiences I was able to share with President and I might forget to share them so you'll still know them if I do forget :)
Wednesday was a miracle day. We had all of our lessons either cancel or not show up. I wasn't too thrilled about still riding to Xinban since it was hot and it's a 20 or so minute ride, but my companion said that since it was our back up plan, we should follow it, even though we'd intended for it to be different as we'd planned it. My companion is truly in tune with the Spirit for we did need to got to Xinban to contact. She also gave me the chance to lead, which made me feel a lot of pressure but also was an incredible experience. I had made a goal to talk to everyone I could since that's how our elders always tell us they get so many referrals or new investigators, so I tried it and it worked! My favorite part of this experience was our new investigator, Shari. I believe she truly is prepared. We got to teach her about prayer and give her a Book of Mormon. Then when I met with her Saturday, she told us she'd prayed every day but one! She hadn't started reading the Book of Mormon yet but agreed to do so. That has been another miracle this week, as we've started talking to our investigators and less actives about reading the Book of Mormon and how important it is to do so. It's been common the last few weeks to teach them about it, and the Spirit has been so powerful every time as we testified about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and the fact that they need to find out for themselves if it's true. We've been using Preach My Gospel in this area, telling them about the fact that they can know this church is true by reading the Book of mormon and finding out for themselves if it's true because since it's true, everything in this church has to be true! It's been awesome! And it was humbling for me as I called one of our investigators the other day and she told me "Guess what? I read the Book of Mormon!" It was humbling and exciting! She's starting to read for herself, to put the application into affect! She told me there's a lot she doesn't understand but I was't able to answer her questions at the moment so she said she'll ask them when she meets with us again. But I got to testify to her again how powerful the Book of Mormon is and that it can truly bless her life. It was an incredible experience. The Book of Mormon truly has a lot of power as we're using it with our investigators!
Another really amazing and humbling experience was with Annie. I've searched for weeks to find the talk by Elder Bednar about the Spirit of Revelation. Well, at the fireside last week I was finally able to obtain a copy of the Ensign that had that talk. Annie's face as I gave her a copy of the talk and explained why, that I knew it could answer her questions about faith, was incredible, as she knew that I cared enough about her to take the time to find that and give it to her. I loved it! I loved helping her see that I truly do love her, I am her friend and I'm here to help her. She truly is getting a testimony for herself, but more than that, she's helping mine to grow as I see her seed being planted. This work truly humbles me daily to see this with my friends, to feel the heartbreak as they tell me they haven't read or prayed and I know it could answer all their questions.
That's it for today.
Wo ai nimen!
Tang Jiemei

No comments:

Post a Comment