One of our biggest miracles this week actually happened yesterday. It was at the end of sacrament and one of our investigators, who's been an investigator since last August came up to talk to us. She told Sister Sutton last week that she was going to go home and talk to her mom about baptism, which she did. The thing is, her mom threw a fit and said she wasn't allowed to join us, just meet with us. She was really crushed on the phone when she told us. Well, we'd been praying so hard all week that she would be able to get baptized. Yesterday, at the end of sacrament she came up and told us that she could/would be getting baptized. She knows it's whats right and wants her family to see her change and figures this is a way that she can do it. She was so excited, she wanted to go have her interview right then and there! It's hard to know that her family wont support her in this decision, but I hope and pray that's another miracle I can tell you about next week, that they will support her. It was truly incredible though, to see her desire to do what she knows is right.
Another miracle that happened this week actually started last week. We had a lesson with an investigator (Wong Jiemei) who hasn't had a very good life in general. Her parents are over-protective, she's been really sick for about 2 years now, has basically no friends, and she had a bad relationship in the past that seemed to really destroy her self-esteem and self-confidence. Last week when we met with her, I was able to share 3 Nephi 17:7-9 with her, where Christ heals the people of all of their afflictions. The incredible part was where I could bear testimony to her that she could be healed from the bad things in the past, that she could forget about them and move on, and then I could tell her I know it's possible because it's happened for me. There is nothing more powerful than realizing the life experiences you've had, your specific trials that were really hard on you, can be for another's benefit, to help them overcome a very similar problem. I've had the problem of a bad relationship and the self-esteem and self-confidence issues that stem from them, but I was able to tell her she could be healed and it started with the simple beginning of a prayer. It was incredible. Even more incredible as we met with her this last Saturday, about a week later, and she starts talking about this guy and her problems then stops and says no, I need to forget about him. It was so amazing to see. Lives truly are being changed from this work, and my experiences can help it happen apparently!
Funny moment this last week- we had an older lady ask us if our parents would "fandui" or be against us marrying a Taiwanese. Well, this is a common occurance, so I guess I should ask my family, would you fandui me marrying a Taiwanese man? Apparently it's a very important question for the people here, lol! The best part of this is that she was sitting there telling us all about how her son is very good looking and asking if our families would fandui and everything. Funniest part? Her son's about twice our ages! lol! I love the funny moments in Taiwan! Doesn't get much better than getting to be on this amazing mission, as I get to see lives change but also as I get to have the random goofy moments. I'm so blessed to be the Lord's missionary!
Anyway, I think that's about all for this week. Take care, and I hope all is still well with you!
Wo feichang ai nimen!
Tang Mei Xing Jiemei
Sister Kim Thomsen

No comments:
Post a Comment