Monday, October 21, 2013

5/19/13

Zao'an! This last week was really busy but it was a good one, it's always good when you're a missionary. :)
I think yesterday was my favorite miracle day. We had an awesome investigator tell Sister Sutton she was going to go home and ask her mom if she's okay with her getting baptized, and if her mom says she is, she's going to finally be interviewed for baptism! This is so awesome since they've been working with her since August of last year at least! Another miracle happened as I was sitting in both Sunday School and Relief Society. In Sunday school, I looked down the row where my companion was and realized there were 9 of us in the row and every single one of the people in the row (outside of me and my companion) is a recent convert or investigator! And there's only one of them I haven't really gotten to know but we'll get to know her on Friday. She just got baptized last Sunday but since Sanxia's elders met with her, we never really got to know her. It was awesome to again realize this in relief society. Every week I'm surrounded by friends and family in our ward, but yesterday I was surrounded by friends that I've gotten to see many of their lives change as they've been taught the gospel. It's a very incredible and humbling feeling.
I love being Heavenly Father's missionary. This truly is a great work but the best work I could ever do. Yesterday, I got to read a section in D&C that I didn't even really know existed. It's section 7, when Joseph Smith is interpreting John the Beloved's words. I loved thinking about my desires, if I could ask Christ for something, what would it be? Takes a lot of sincere thought and I'm still not completely sure what I would ask for. I would encourage you all to read it and also ponder Christ's question, "My beloved, what is it that ye would desire of me?" It really opens your mind sometimes, as well as your eyes.
This last week has been a hard week. We've had a couple investigators telling us they're not sure they want to be baptized. One we're still not sure why she doesn't want to be but the other told us because she's Buddhist and doesn't see any possibility of that wanting to change but she loves learning about our church and even came to church yesterday. I don't understand it but I'm hoping her heart will soften and be touched. It's also really sad since she'll be leaving for a month this Wednesday! I'll miss her. The other investigator that says she doesn't want to be baptized is Annie, my miracle. We'll find out today more of why but I'm hoping and praying that we'll find a way to help her heart be softened and ways that we can help her in general.
We have another really great investigator that I love meeting with, her name is also Annie. She's 36 years old but she's also so ready for this gospel. Last week after English class she asked me what commandments we need to follow! She hadn't even been taught the third lesson on faith and she's already asking about commandments! She's so incredible! She also says she has no interest in being baptized... but I think part of that is that she just started reading the Book of Mormon and doesn't really understand what she reads. I'm hoping and praying for our investigators so much. We're so busy that it's hard to not give them more time and attention but we're doing our best so Heavenly Father will make up the rest.
Anyway, I think that's about all for this week and I'm about out of time!
Wo ai nimen!
Tang Mei Xing Jiemei/Sister Kim Thomsen

No comments:

Post a Comment