This week was definitely a miracle week and I feel like many of my prayers have been answered. I have prayed my entire mission to find a family to teach. Zhao Jiemei have prayed every day for the last two transfers that we would find a family to teach. And I feel like this last week, our prayers really have been answered. On Saturday, we had the clean up the world project and got to talking to our District President. His family is incredible missionaries and most of our branch has come about through their efforts. This last week we got two referrals from them alone. As we were at this project, most of the time we were by his wife or his daughter, well, when we were by his daughter she told us her cousin is interested in the church. They were meeting with missionaries in Gaoxiong and wanted to come to church yesterday and she told us a lot more about them. Then, throughout the course of the next 30 minutes or less, his entire family came up to tell us they had family that wanted to learn about the gospel and her mom gave us the number asking us to call and invite them to church. So yesterday morning I called them and they came to church! They are incredible and really seemed to love church. Such a blessing, finding a family, especially one that's a member referral! But yesterday at church, I felt truly blessed as I realized not only did we have this little family at church but we have another awesome investigator who is a mom of 2 kids and whenever she comes she brings her two kids. Yesterday, she also brought her sister and another little girl with her daughter! Realizing that these kids have the opportunity to grow up with the gospel in their lives really just warmed my heart. I know I didn't appreciate the gospel growing up but since I have come back to the church and now am on my mission, I know how blessed I've truly been. I had the opportunity to return to the church, which I'm not sure I would have done without the gospel. I know I would've been someone else but I really don't want to be her. I feel so blessed Heavenly Father gave me the chance to have the gospel in my life.
Another miracle at church is that we had 5 investigators there altogether! 2 of which come every week, then we had the family and the mom. Towards the end of sacrament meeting our 9 year old investigator also came in and brought 2 of her friends! So awesome! The fact that Becky, one of them that comes every week, came is actually a miracle since she's the one who didn't pass her baptismal interview the Sunday before and then stopped answering our calls. Saturday she finally called during studies and when I asked why, she told me she "just felt like she needed to." Spirit maybe? Most definitely. I was worried she'd disappear since she has a habit of doing so, and she did for a short time but she came back!
This week we've also had so many member referrals, most of our referrals have been from our members and one was an english referral that came about because of our 9 year old investigator inviting her friend to come. So cool. We're working on getting them all contacted. First time I've had so many referrals and only 1 was from a missionary! We've also been blessed to find a lot of potentials while contacting this last week. And we've found some really awesome investigators for other missionaries, I love working for Team Jesus! It puts a smile on my face to know that these people have the potential to progress, I don't care who teaches them how. Team Jesus rocks!
Funny story from the week. My companion hates birds, to start off this story. Well, the other day we were knocking doors on a street with a bird. My companion knocked on a door but since the door was open with the screen door shut when no one came she called into the house as we often do asking "You ren zai ma?" (anyone here?) and suddenly I hear this echo, "you ren zai ma? you ren zai ma?" I just busted up laughing! She didn't hear it so didn't understand why I was laughing so hard so I told her. Obviously she didn't think it was very funny. But later, we're talking to another person who didn't really want to talk to us and at the end of it, my companion told her "huanying ni lai." (You're welcome to come) and we both just looked at each other and laughed because again you hear "huanying ni lai. Huanying ni lai." So funny! Definitely a funny contacting experience!
Okay, I think that's about all for the week. I probably had more but can't remember what else I wanted to share from the week... Hope all is well in your neck of the world!
Ai ni-o!
Sister Thomsen

No comments:
Post a Comment