Thursday, May 8, 2014

3-16-14

One of the biggest miracles this last week happened on Thursday night. As we were riding back from Yingge both my companion and I had big smiles from ear to ear on our faces. We went LA finding after weekly planning and found 2 amazing young sisters, both younger than I am. Both of them are the oldest with a little brother and little sister and both have had hard lives. Both were also very warm and inviting. So my companion and I talked about it and realized, what Elder Gerrard said at zone training on Tuesday is 100 percent correct. As we have opportunities to teach the gospel, we are genuinely happier. To me, it was a miracle to realize this. To realize I bike around in a skirt in Yingge and Bade, in rain, heat, and down a scary hill. We teach lessons, we invite all to come unto Christ. But most importantly, we're doing it with huge ear-to-ear grins. To me, to be able to genuinely say I'm happy and feel it in my heart, to me that is a miracle. Not only can I do hard things, but I am doing hard things and with a grin to tell the world how amazing my God is :)

This last week in zone conference we were reminded how important church is. It really made me think as our zone leaders told us what President had told them, that if we really understood the importance of partaking the sacrament, we would crawl on our hands and knees to get there every week. I realized I need to change. I don't get as much out of church on my mission and often use the language as an excuse but that's a very weak and lame excuse so I tried to do better yesterday and I really did feel like I got a lot more out of it. It was amazing. And really awesome since Relief Society's lesson was also on the Sacrament :)
Really, I think that's about all for this week. Hope this e-mail finds you all well. Remember that I love you and take care!!!
Jiayou!
Sister Thomsen

No comments:

Post a Comment