Da Jia Hao!
It feels a little weird to be e-mailing so
soon again but I also know I've seen some really awesome miracles in
this short time so I'm happy to share them nonetheless :) First of all,
YingGe is really progressing! This last week we've gotten several
referrals, almost all of which were for people who live in YingGe!!!
Definitely exciting. But I think my favorite part was that at English
class Wednesday night we had 2 new women walk in, both live in YingGe.
Sadly, one is not ready for the gospel yet but the other seems super
willing. She asked some really good questions too. I'm excited to set up
a time to meet with her. Sadly, as yet we've been unable to do so but I
definitely think it'll happen soon. It felt good to see our hard
efforts paying off. I definitely feel that YingGe is where us sisters
are meant to be focusing right now so I'm excited to see what happens
from it. Another awesome miracle happened on Friday night. We went to
visit an Recent Convert that has already gone more or less inactive
sadly enough, she's from a family of LAs. As we were visiting her, her
mom came in and sat with us. Usually she just goes into another room and
shuts the door. This time she came out and sat with us then started
crying. I could definitely feel Heavenly Father's love for us as she
started to really share the things of her heart. Lately she's
experiencing shame and guilt, a beginning of the repentance process
because she's not fully keeping the commandments. She doesn't come to
church and she drinks alcohol, she also can't read to be able to read
the Book of Mormon herself. But it's true, the Book of Mormon has more
power to change hearts than anything else! We were sitting there reading
the Book of Mormon with her daughter and it led to her telling us how
much she wants to change, that she doesn't have any peace. It was an
incredible experience. Especially since right after, she looked at me
and said "湯姐妹, I want you to come back every Sunday and read the Book of
Mormon with me and my family. Will you please do that?" Of course we
were happy to do so and went back yesterday and started on the title
page of the Book of Mormon reading with her and her oldest daughter. I
think they both have a lot of potential to come back. Hopefully it'll
also help our RC come back too.
We had a really cool experience on Friday. We went to YingGe to
visit and investigator who is doing so good. I definitely think she'll
get baptized :) I'm excited for the day I see her in white. Afterwards
we went to visit a referral the elders had found in their apartment.
This referral was 5 years old and it's a letter a member wrote about
someone she knew 20 or so years ago. Really interesting and cool all in
one. His name is Mao Dixiong and he's older (obviously) but seems like
he could have a lot of interest in the gospel if he only makes the time
for it. But he also let us see the pots they make and oh my gosh they're
soooo beautiful! I have truly developed a love for Chinese art here in
Taiwan. I think I fell in love with it the first time I saw it here in
Taiwan, haha. But many of his pots in this HUGE room had the chinese art
on it. I loved it so much. As we went to walk out I also looked up and
noticed a certificate on the wall. It's from CBC in Pasco!!!! What in
the world?! Most Americans have never heard of Pasco or CBC and this
sweet old man has not only heard of it but he's been there to speak or
something. Super cool, rare experience. As we went to leave his daughter
also walked up to us and handed us 2 boxes telling us they wanted to
give us a gift. They're these beautiful simple bowls. Not much probably
but still mean a lot. I love them. These people in Taiwan amaze me. I
love them all so much.
Yesterday we had a really cool miracle in church. A man came in
because the TuCheng elders (Yea, go TuCheng! :D ) contacted him on his
scooter and gave him a pamphlet so he found the one closest to him. He
lives in YingGe :) Sadly, he's in Danbing (required military service
here) right now, over in Yilan. So not only does he not have time to
meet with missionaries, he's living in Yilan at the moment. But he's
super awesome and said he'd come back when he could. He also said he's
more than willing to talk to missionaries in August when he's done with
danbing. So I hope the missionaries here at that time take him up on it.
I ensured to get his number and all so the opportunity will definitely
be there for them :) Nonetheless, it was truly an awesome miracle
experience.
I'm still realizing the power in the scriptures, and this last week
I've seen it especially in the shortest ones. As I've been reading the
Book of Mormon myself and with others, I've realized that some of my
favorites are the short scriptures. Lehi is given the book then it says
"And it came to pass that as he read, he was filled with the Spirit of
the Lord." In chapter 2 it says "And it came to pass that he was
obedient unto the word of the Lord, wherefore he did as the Lord
commanded him." In 2nd Nephi it says "And it came to pass that we lived
after the manner of happiness." These have so much power! They're so
short, easily overlooked but they really tell you a lot about the
scriptures, the gospel, and about this family that ensured they made a
record. I've loved it as I've read this lately. Go find your own that
will bring power into your life. I know it's blessed my life so much as
I've really dug into the scriptures :)
Wow, I can still send a novel only 5 days later. haha. Who'd've
thunk? :) anywho, I think that's about it for now. Hope all is well in
your neck of the woods. Take care and Jiayou! Remember that I love you
and miss you!
Wo ai ni-o!
湯姐妹/Sister Thomsen

No comments:
Post a Comment