Hello! Da jia hao!!!
This
week was SO good. I feel like my biggest miracle this week has been
Sister Singh. She really is helping me better learn how to be a
consecrated missionary. I've been thinking a lot about former companions
and what they've all taught me and everything and I've realized that
more often than not, they've taught me how to be a better missionary.
Maybe they helped show me how to be obedient. Maybe they taught me how
to find. Maybe they taught me how to be a better leader. There's many
things they've all taught me. However, I feel like the most important
lesson I'm learning lately has been from Sister Singh. She's taking all
those awesome things I've learned on how to be a better missionary and
showing me how I can be a better missionary as myself. That's about the
best way I can put it. I feel like that's part of the reason I've had
such a hard time being a consecrated missionary because sometimes I
forget that I'm supposed to use my character traits, my skills and
talents to help people come unto Christ. I think I forgot that as I
worked so hard for so long to just be a better missionary, I forgot to
work on being a better missionary as myself. It's really been a blessing
and I feel like it's really helped BaDe/YingGe and it's really helping
me. After all, we were called for our specific talents and skills, not
to be robots. I think that's been my biggest miracle lately.
Obviously this week we also had some other awesome miracles. One
was that the other day while contacting at the park we met a really
awesome mom. I feel like one day she truly will be baptized, she's so
golden. We had an awesome lesson with her. Sadly, no matter how golden
she is, her time has not yet arrived. I'm okay with it though, and I
think it's mostly because of Heavenly Father that I'm so okay with it.
As we walked away, I felt like I'd truly accomplished my missionary
purpose and I knew she'd be baptized someday but she's not completely
there to where she's ready for the gospel yet. Truly an amazing, eye
opening experience though.
Another awesome experience was as we met with our new investigator
from last week, Lin Jiemei. She's super awesome and really willing to
start changing her life. I could feel how much this really is blessing
her life already, I loved it :) She cancelled on the original time she'd
set because work came up all of a sudden but she rescheduled for
Thursday (the next day) and Thursday morning she called us asking if we
still had time and telling me how excited she was to meet with us. I'm
really excited to see the progress she will make :) So BaDe is slowly
progressing and moving back up. I'm excited to see what comes of it!
Funny story. Everyone is focusing on the fact that I go home "soon"
(I still have eternity if you ask me :) ) and so our Bishop's wife
freaked out on Friday night that it's so soon. So instantly, the
conversation turned to marriage since 2 of us are so "close" to going
home. Then again yesterday, she was teaching our lesson in Gospel
Principles and was talking about a sister receiving a priesthood
blessing in their house and apparently the blessing told her she'd be
married in 6 months. She was like "what? I don't even have a boyfriend."
The funny thing is, no sooner was it out of her mouth that my companion
elbowed me and our RC on my left tapped me on the leg and afterwards
they both said "that's going to be you." Oh brother! Funny story but
seriously, what's with all these people wanting me to get married?!
Aiya!
Anywho, I think that's about it for the week. Hope this e-mail
still finds all well in your neck of the woods! Know that I love you and
pray for you. Keep up the good work! Jiayou!
Ai ni-o!
Sister Thomsen
P.S. cool news in e-mails today. Riley got moved to
be zone leader for the rest of his mission, in the MANDARIN zone!!! haha
I'm so excited for him to learn Chinese so we can speak it when he gets
home. There'll be someone in Prosser who can actually understand what
I'm saying, haha :) ba.

No comments:
Post a Comment