Thursday, May 8, 2014

4-13-14

Hello!!! Da jia hao!
This week I was blessed to see some really incredible miracles. Two of them were just planting seeds, we were unable to get their numbers or anything but I have a powerful feeling that they will accept the church someday, their time just hasn't come yet. I think that's one of the biggest miracles, when I have that feeling that one day I will see these incredible people in white. It wont always be here watching them be baptized but I have a sure feeling that I will at least see them in white on the other side and I'm excited for that day (but it doesn't make me want it to come faster, don't worry!).
Another cool miracle happened as we went to see one of our LAs (Wang Jiemei) that we've been visiting. Because she's so busy we really only get to visit her every other week but this time her little sister was home! And she was so excited the missionaries had come back! I feel like these sweet sisters will have a day they will truly come back into our Savior's loving embrace. I think it'll take some time, especially since the older sister works on weekends and goes to school on weekdays and right now doesn't have the faith to not work on Sunday and I don't think the little sister wants to come all that way to church on her own but we're working on it and I really believe they will come back into full activity. They will be an eternal family.
I think my favorite miracles this week were all with LAs since yesterday we went to visit two more, one of which is a family. The first one we visited right after conference is from South Africa. She is awesome but also often frustrates me. We've set appointments on several occassions and when we get there she's not. I thought yesterday would be another such day but as we went to leave she walked up and was willing to let us meet with her. I think my favorite moment was right towards the end, when we were about to walk out she looked at me and said "I want to come back. I know I need to. I will work hard to do so." I think she'll come back. I'm not sure I have the faith to believe I'll see it myself but I think with perseverance and love, she'll walk back in those doors one day.
I also loved last night as we were visiting the Wu family. Their daughter isn't baptized and doesn't really seem to have a desire to be baptized at the moment and the son was coming back but hasn't been to church in about 3 weeks. This last week I felt prompted to share with them about the Book of Mormon, which was only strengthened by conference yesterday. I loved hearing the mom and daughter tell me that they believed Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I loved hearing this sweet sisters testimony as she shared a scripture she'd read recently in the Book of Mormon. I loved hearing the family say they will be at church on Sunday. I think they'll come back. One day they will also be blessed to have an eternal family. I love working with LAs. I love seeing them come back and progress on the path to eternal life. It probably feels about the same as seeing someone start on that path.
So this week... Monday we really just chilled, cleaned some, did some shopping, a chill P-day. Today will also be chill, we'll be shopping and such then going to play mahzhong at the chapel with a member and the Longtan elders, Elder Lee and Elder Stewart. I'm super excited!
Tuesday we had zone training which took up most of the day since we traveled and had to make up studies and all. Then, afterwards we ran into an old lady that didn't seem to understand anything we said but said the sisters used to come visit her. I think they used to clean her house or something. She didn't understand why we didn't have time to meet with her right then, in the elder's area. haha.
Wednesday was amazing. We had temple tours. I kinda understand what Sun Jiemei meant when she told me this week that Su Jiemei is teaching her how to be pretty. In a lot of ways, I feel like Sister Singh is doing the same to me, teaching me how to be a bit more girly again. I straightened my hair for the first time in over a year this week and it felt so weird. Most the sisters thought I'd gotten a haircut. But I really loved the spiritual part. Sister Day kind of reminded me of President Uchtdorf in conference a couple years ago "Stop it!" She keeps telling us to stop comparing ourselves to others lately. The Temple Sisters talked to us about the Refiner's fire. We also did temple tours with other sisters and it was sooo incredible. Sister Hammer and Sister Eley really brought the spirit into our tour. They got me to cry. I don't know when I became such a cry baby. Missions really do weird things to people sometimes. Also, we were out contacting that day an met an amazing woman, Zhu Jiemei. I felt the spirit so strongly. She said if she sees us again, she'd happily talk but didn't give us her number or set up with us. But right before she left I asked if we could say a prayer with her and really, the spirit was SO strong. Right afterwards, she opened her eyes and threw her arms around me. She said it was really gandong (full of feeling ba?) and it was amazing.
Thursday was AWESOME! We went to visit Wang Jiemei that night. We also met an awesome golden investigator on the street. He's Brother Wu and his grandfather recently passed away. He said an amazing prayer and will be meeting with us again this Thursday night.
Friday was interesting. We went to visit a family that lives in BaDe but goes to LuZhou ward. Why can't members just go to the wards they live in? Really frustrating sometimes. Our bishop wants us to work with them so they'll come back to BaDe. I feel like the wife got offended here so she went back to the ward she felt comfortable in. They gave us SO much food. Do members think we starve or something???
Then, we've had conference these last couple days! So amazing! If you haven't watched it yet, what are you doing reading this?! Go watch it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definitely a good week. I think that's enough of a novel for the week. Remember that I love you all! Oh, and look for my e-mail next Wednesday since I get to go to the TEMPLE!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! :D I'm super excited! I love the temple! So I'll be e-mailing late next Wednesday since we're going to the 9 am session and it's a trip to Taibei from here...
Love you all! Hope this e-mail finds you well! Jiayou!!!
Sister Thomsen

No comments:

Post a Comment