Hello! Zao'an!
I
wont lie, this last week was rough. My miracles are more unorthodox
than usual. The first one was seeing the evidence of Heavenly Father's
angels being around us. I was in a bike accident. Luckily, I walked away
more or less unscathed. And more than that, I know that there's no way I
should've gotten through that bike accident as unscathed as I did. I
know there were angels protecting me. So for the story... there
were taxis on the side of the street, next to a line of cars that I
thought were parked, I still don't know if they truly were or if it was
just a red light. Well, there was a blue truck coming at me in the other
lane after I decided to go all around said taxis and of course, the
blue truck intimidated me because they are huge! So I moved slightly
over, just in time for my bike to clip the mirror on the taxi right next
to me. After that, the actual accident is a blur that I don't remember.
I just remember hitting my face on the pavement, my hands catching me
and right after, before I started moving thinking, "I'm alive. How on
earth am I still alive?" Sister Porter is incredible because I know it
scared her but she took the time to comfort me. I seriously went to the
side of the road and just started balling my eyes out (it was already a
rough week, getting yelled at, emotions on the fritz, the usual) and she
just comforted me. Poor thing is probably traumatized for life from this last week...
And
I know this last week, as I've had a rough week, that Heavenly Father
has been there for me every step of the way. In many ways, to me, that
is a miracle. This last week, I've been blessed enough that I've had an
awesome companion that comforted me every time I broke down and didn't
seem to get upset about it. I have such a genuine love for her! She's
truly incredible. The rest of the week was rough for various reasons. It
really was a huge roller coaster week. I feel like Satan was beating on
me pretty good in every possible way. Monday, I had to go to the
hospital for the stupid PFT and you know how that is. I hate hospitals
and don't like doctors much either... Tuesday I had an awesome miracle
that I saw so many of my TuCheng members! One of my RCs, Annie, came to
see me. She put everything aside for the express purpose of coming to
visit me, it was awesome. Just what my heart needed at the time. Liao
Jiemei had also shown up, one of my good friends there. Then later, I
saw Jason again! YAY! And Apple, I got to give her one last hug as
Apple, since next time I see her she will be Mao Jiemei. She comes to
our mission this next transfer, yea, she worked the system a little
since she lives in our mission boundaries, haha. But not too long after I
got yelled at by a guy because he can't go in the temple and his heart
was hardened too much to really understand or even try to understand
what I was telling him. It was rough on me. Wednesday I had a migraine
all day. Thursday had its own various reasons for being rough. Friday we
knocked doors when no one wanted to listen to us for hours. Then
Saturday, I had my accident. So yea, it was a rough week...
As for the other miracles, we have an awesome new
investigator. The elders found her the Saturday before while they were
knocking doors and she's awesome. I'd tried calling to make sure she
could still do it but she didn't answer so we decided to try anyway. She
let us in and we shared with her about the Book of Mormon and prayer
and she is so awesome! Lately we may not be finding a lot of new
investigators, but the ones we get tend to be quality investigators, so
that in itself is another blessing. Last night we also had another
lesson where we were so in sync as a companionship and so in sync with
the spirit, it was an incredible lesson.
Of course, every baptism is a miracle too. Cai Yu
Pei's was no less of a miracle. Especially since she hadn't answered her
phone for about a week, so I hadn't talked to her since the Saturday
before. Well, Thursday we called after WPS and she finally answered,
YAY! And she got baptized Friday and confirmed yesterday! Also a
miracle, especially since this is the first time she's actually attended
real church since I moved to Xizhi. Her work's just crazy busy, poor
thing. But she's working on changing it from what I understood.
So yea... that's life. That was my week. Hope things have been better in your neck of the woods! Until next week...
我 愛 妳!!!
湯姐妹
Sister Thomsen

No comments:
Post a Comment