Sunday, March 9, 2014

11/24/13

大家好!
This last week has been good. Had its ups and downs as it often does. But we were also blessed to see some really cool miracles. On Wednesday night we got a call from a Former in the phone, a Zhuang tongxue. She wanted to set up to meet with us, so she did for Saturday. The phone call couldn't have been more than 2 minutes. I was in such shock I didn't know what to say or do, I've never had miracles like that. Then we met with her on Saturday and set a baptismal date! It was awesome, when I asked her why she called she said she just had time again that she'd stopped meeting because she didn't have time. But according to her record she never set a baptismal date before or anything, it was a cool experience, a cool miracle. She also said she knows the Book of Mormon is true! She usually just opens it wherever and reads so that's cool but hard for me to accept that she still knows it's true. I still encouraged her to read it from cover to cover.
Transfers were also last week. I'm still in Xizhi but Sister Porter has been moved to WanDa with Sister Zhong, my old companion. My new companion is Sister Beazer. I'm also her breaker. Obviously there's something I'm supposed to learn that I just haven't learned yet. Sister Beazer is from West Valley, UT and her family has 11 people. crazy! So cool at the same time. She was actually trained by my MTC companion, Sister Steed. She's really different from Sister Porter so I feel like this will be an interesting transfer. Oh! I forgot, Sister Beazer is also 19 so I also get to celebrate her 20th birthday with her! 2 companions in a row! It's so cool and weird to see all these younger missionaries. Makes me feel like I'm ridiculously old as a missionary sometimes.
I don't think I have much else to report for this week... Sorry this e-mails shorter than normal, but it's still a novel compared to most missionaries, haha. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!
我 愛 妳!!!
湯姐妹
Sister Thomsen

No comments:

Post a Comment