Sunday, March 9, 2014

12/29/13

Hello! Da Jia Hao!
This week we have had some truly incredible miracles here in Xizhi! One of my favorites was watching our ward, especially our young women, start to really develop a love for missionary work. On Tuesday night we went caroling as a ward and we missionaries did what missionaries do and were talking to people, inviting them to our church and to hear our message. I think it helped our members realize we really are working hard though they don't see the fruits as much as they'd probably like to see them. I couldn't help but laugh as our bishop's wife (and first counselor in the relief society) looked at me during it and said "Tang Jiemei, why is it so hard to get them to take a piece of paper and a gift?" I just told her "good question, Li Jiemei. Wish I knew." Which is true. But I think it helped our ward to see us out working hard.
Wednesday was incredible since we had our awesome zone conference! But that night, we also had another awesome miracle. Since we didn't have any baptisms scheduled here in XiZhi, our MM leader put it together for us to have a "hot cocoa night" where it was a small gathering to invite our investigators since we have an investigator that doesn't like large groups so she wont really attend anything. Well, on Wednesday not only did she come but a former also came. This former is interesting since she's met with missionaries and she's come to church but when we asked if we could meet with her she told us that when she wanted to read the Book of Mormon, she'd call us. Well, Wednesday night she came and I think the spirit really touched her because she asked me what the Book of Mormon says about divorce (she's going through a divorce right now) so we met with her on Thursday to discuss it. I feel like, once again, the spirit really touched her. She didn't seem happy as I shared what the scriptures say about divorce, but then I felt inspired for us to share our favorite scriptures, which are both about Christ blessing people in 3 Nephi 17. Really good chapter, if you haven't read it recently I would advise you to do so. It really seemed to touch her since she took a copy of the Book of Mormon and said she'd read it!!! definitely a miracle.
Also, this last week I have had countless moments where I'm reminded of the love Heavenly Father has for each and every one of his children, including me! There have been so many little moments of it, in things people have done for me and such. I felt such a love and peace because of it. Never forget that you're included in that. Heavenly Father knows and loves you personally.
I hope all is well in your half of the world! Love you all! Have a safe and happy new year! I will be sleeping through THAT holiday. haha.
Love,
Sister Thomsen

No comments:

Post a Comment