Sunday, March 9, 2014

1/26/14

Hello! Da Jia Hao!
This has been a very good week. I wont lie, as our areas were being split, I had a rough time accepting it, mainly being that I have grown to love my investigators so much and all but one of them lived in the Elder's new area. However, I feel like I've seen so many miraculous blessings because of it and my willingness to do all I could to accept it. I was told ahead of time that it would be happening because someone spilled the beans to me and from the get go, I just asked that I'd be able to accept God's will no matter what it was. I feel like Heavenly Father really has answered my prayers because as I've been handing my investigators over to the elders, our investigators have said they have to come to church so they can keep seeing us! Also, because we have to have peikes to meet with men, we have more peikes than I've had since I came to Xizhi, which has helped our ward with their missionary work! It was amazing yesterday to see 3 of our investigators come to church but made even more amazing when we went to sit down and realized that the members had taken over taking care of every single one of them so I got to just sit and listen to and enjoy Sacrament, something I've never been able to do on my mission when I have an investigator attend church! It was an awesome miracle!
Another awesome miracle happened on Tuesday. We had a referral we'd gotten from the elders, they'd already set him up and everything and we just found the peike. I felt like we should ask a family that lives near the church since the elders had set him up to meet at the church and it was a truly amazing lesson. I felt like it was EXACTLY what Preach My Gospel talks about that we need to work in unity with the members! Not only were my companion and I in unity, but I felt like the whole family and the Spirit were also unified with us in helping this Son of God begin his journey on preparing to return to Him, that's 6 people (including the spirit)!!! It was an incredible lesson and I want more to be like it, I felt as we walked out that we had experienced what the scriptures describe church should be like, that we were all uplifted and edified together.

This week truly has been incredible! I feel like I'm refinding my fire as a missionary when the flame was slowly dying. Heavenly Father really has blessed me so much this week!
I hope this e-mail finds you all well and noticing just as many, if not more miracles! Love you all! Jiayou!
Sister Thomsen

No comments:

Post a Comment