I wont lie, this last week has been rough! Literally,
last night before we went out contacting I was sitting there thinking at
dinner, wondering what on earth I would write this week. I felt like I
had nothing to write to President and nothing to write home. I was
disheartened. However, Heavenly Father really does find ways to
strengthen and push us. No matter how bad I didn't want to go back out
and contact, especially riding my bike in the pouring rain to the area
we'd chosen that was about a half hour's bike ride away, and no matter
how much my companion felt the same, we saw miracles come of it. My
testimony has been strengthened that Heavenly Father really does answer
our prayers and last night's contacting experience was a perfect example
of that. It started out during planning on Saturday. We didn't know
where to go. None of the places we thought of felt right. So, I did
something I've never really done. I pulled out the map, pointed to a
spot and said "let's go there." I've never done this in my entire
mission. I don't know why it occurred to me but seriously, Heavenly
Father works in mysterious ways. Then, last night as I concurred my lack
of a desire to go out and contact and prayed with my companion, I felt a
little more of the fire come back. So we made it out there and started
knocking doors, the best thing to do in the pouring rain. At first,
nothing came of it. I think all of 2 people even answered their doors
but as my companion went up to knock another door, I saw a lady getting
off her scooter so I went to talk to her. That was such an incredible
contact since things just flowed perfectly. She has a lot of Christian
friends and so when I asked if we could visit with her then or some
other time she told me how they're "bai bai" and have an alter in their
house. Apparently her friends can't visit her because they can't be in
houses where there's "bai bai" stuff. It was incredible to explain how
we respect other beliefs but we can still go visit people like that. To
explain that we have members that have the same issue. It was truly
incredible. I feel like her heart softened. She re-set to meet with us
on Saturday, to let us visit her again. Sadly, we were unable to have a
lesson last night because every time we tried she'd get sidetracked and
we'd have to take care of a new concern before she'd let us pray and
then we hit the point that we had to head home to make curfew. However,
it was truly incredible. Definitely strengthened my testimony of the
love Heavenly Father has for us. It's like the elder on the district
talks about that when he felt like he couldn't even take one more step,
he just had to take the one more step and that's when the miracles would
come. That's how I felt last night.
So really, that's more or less my week. Sorry I don't have
anything truly incredible to report. Don't have a whole lot to report in
general. But I'm still working hard and trying to keep the faith.
By the way, transfers come this week so next week could be in a new
area or with a new companion or who knows? Just to give ya'll a heads
up. Love and miss you all. Hope this finds you well in your neck of the
woods!
Wo ai nimen!
Sister Thomsen

No comments:
Post a Comment