Sunday, March 9, 2014

2/4/14

Hello! Da Jia Zao!!!
Good morning! I'm very excited to go to the temple today!!! But right now I'm also very excited to tell you about our miracles here in Xizhi this week! I think my favorite happened on Thursday. We had a qingke scheduled at one of my favorite members' houses so during the day we were just out finding, trying to find those who are prepared to hear the gospel. We ran into one girl on her way to McDonald's to buy food but she was willing to talk to us! We had a full on lesson and invited her to be baptized and she accepted!!! The first time I've ever invited someone to be baptized on the street and she accepted!!! Super awesome experience! Sadly thus far we've been unable to set another time to meet with her but I'm working on it!
Later that night after our qingke, we headed farther out in our area to what is usually the busiest part of our area and I figured with the new year there would be tons of people. However, we get there and I've never seen anywhere in Taipei so dead! I was really worried but there were a few people around so we went to talk to them and walked around because I still felt like we were supposed to be there for some reason. Well, a guy walked up with a little boy in a stroller and my companion tried to give him a family tract. His response was that he's met missionaries before but they were Elders and were from the "mormon church." Then he told us he'd been baptized in that church but hadn't had time to go lately. I was literally floored, speechless! Thenwe talked to him some more and he's married to a non-member but is willing to let us visit with him and said he'll come to church next Sunday!!! Such an incredible miracle, especially since I've since looked at the member list and there is no record of him in XiZhi. A lost sheep that I think is ready to be re-found!

Really, I don't know what else to share with you all this week. I'm just working hard and trying to finish out strong. Yesterday at zone training they asked us to say a prayer and re-dedicate ourselves to our missions. Well, in the middle of my prayer it occurred to me that I'm down to 19-20 weeks. That is so short!!! Time flies by way too fast! No, I'm not counting down. It was literally just an epiphany moment that about broke my heart. I still have so much to do and it feels like nowhere near enough time to do it all!!!
Love you all. Hope this e-mail finds you well! Take care!
In the words of Su Mama, "Da Jia, jiayou!" Wo ai nimen!
Love,
Sister Thomsen

No comments:

Post a Comment