Sunday, March 9, 2014

2/23/14

Hello all!
This week has been great!
One awesome miracle happened out contacting on Thursday. It was almost time for dinner but my companion turned around "this is a pretty good area, let's contact here a little longer." Well, it must've been the spirit since just after we found a new investigator! A student that neither of us is really all that sure how old she is. My companion thinks she's college, I think middle school or high school. Neither of us can tell, it's funny to me. But the lesson just flowed so smoothly! It was incredible! Another miracle happened on Sunday. We were at church and these 3 people came and sat just down from me in the row in Sacrament. So after Sacrament I went to talk to them, one is an LA that was baptized many years ago. Yesterday she brought her mom and her husband to church! Her mom wants to meet with the missionaries and really wants to learn more about the church. She's incredible. I was talking to her later and she was telling me how she's been wanting to come to church for so long but she didn't want to come alone and her and her daughter could never work out the time for her daughter to bring her. Such an awesome miracle! I strongly believe she will be baptized. It's also a point for Team Jesus since we found out she lives in the elders' area. Gotta love team Jesus :D I also just really love BaDe. As you know, I often struggled in XiZhi but I feel like it helped me to grow. It helped prepare me to come to BaDe and love it with all I have. It's been awesome. I feel like I'm getting my missionary fire back. Hearing Elder Holland didn't hurt that either though. Sister Wu also helps that. She has so much love and fire for this work and everyone around her. She's constantly serving me and trying to help me, it's been really awesome.
As I said vaguely, on Saturday night we got to go to Taibei and meet Elder Holland! So amazing! I shook hands with an apostle of the Lord! It truly was a once in a lifetime experience. He even did some of his usual pulpit-pounding and all. I loved it. Definitely exactly what I needed to hear. It was also incredible to see all my old friends, my former companions and roommates. I'll be sad when many of them leave at the end of this transfer.
An unorthodox miracle I was blessed to experience this week happened last night. I had a very strong epiphany moment. One that sort of started while listening to Elder Holland but it really came to me last night. We were running late all day and I was thinking of how at the end of their missions, sometimes missionaries grow lax. I feel like it gets worse as you leave Taibei. But it made me think even harder about how hard I've worked thus far on my mission. I realized that I've worked this hard for over a year (almost a year on island), 8 transfers, there's no way I'm going to slack off now. My last 3 transfers, last 3 months, really are going to be the best of my mission, I'm going to work harder than ever! So, when we were running late and there was the possibility of missing curfew, we were riding our bikes up this steep hill. I decided to push myself harder than usual. Then I realized, I could run my bike up that hill faster than I could ride it. So that's exactly what I did, I got off my bike and started running my bike up the hill. It made me think of a story I heard at some point earlier in my mission of a missionary who wanted to be exactly obedient and did all he could for it. One night they were riding their bikes on the way home from a lesson and would've made curfew just fine but then his bike tire popped. This missionary's desire to be exactly obedient was so great that he picked up his bike, put it on his shoulder and ran home with it. I want to be like that missionary and I've decided I'm going to be like that missionary. Exact obedience is truly important.
Another awesome miracle happened Saturday night talking to Elder Rayburn and Sister Beazer, who are still in XiZhi. One of my investigators there will be getting baptized this weekend. But more than that, another one of my investigators said that she wants to be baptized! This is the one that when I was there was saying how she wasn't sure she wanted to be baptized and such!!! So awesome! I'm so excited for her!
So yea, that's been my week more or less. So awesome! Hope this finds you well. Keep up the good work and jia some you! (add some oil)
Wo ai ni-o!
Sister Thomsen

No comments:

Post a Comment