Sunday, March 9, 2014

12/8/13

Hello family and friends!
So, this last week I've had a cold. Talk about wiping me out. My body does NOT handle being sick well! I was so tired all week to the point on Saturday that after dinner I called for permission to stay home and sleep to try to help me get better. I think I'm doing a little better though I've developed a cough over the few days when it was just my nose before. And my head's been thundering all week because of the pressure, sadly enough. Nothing slows me down in missionary work quite like a cold, makes it hard to think in Chinese but also to keep working since it just makes me so tired all the time...
My favorite miracle this week was meeting with a former. I have been calling formers and old contacts like crazy lately, trying to find some new investigators. This last week it did pay off once since on Tuesday we met with a girl that was a former. She's willing to keep meeting with us and said that she'll read and pray! I just hope she actually does it!
I've also been trying to work for a white Christmas. Tonight we'll bring it up with the only investigator we have that could be baptized on Christmas. It'll take some effort on both of our parts but I sincerely feel like she could be ready if she chose to. She even came to church for the 3rd time yesterday!!! That was also a miracle. As I was sick Saturday night and unable to make calls, my companion did. She told me Zhang Jiemei said she'd come to church but I didn't see Zhang Jiemei at all and I was so sad but towards the end of Sacrament I was looking for someone so I turned around and there is Zhang Jiemei! And one of our RC's that's already an LA came to church again yesterday! She came towards the end of Sacrament :( But she still came and stayed for the rest of church!
Saturday afternoon we saw an awesome miracle. We were on the outskirts of our area because our MM Leader had given me the name of an LA he wanted us to try working with but we don't have her phone number and she lives way at the edge of our area. So we rode out to visit her but on the way back I got confused on where to go since I'm never that far out and this lady was riding on her bike and saw us and just stopped, obviously knowing we were having problems. So she showed us how to get back into the main part of our area that I know. During the course of this, we had a few red lights and just started talking. Well, towards the end of it, she told me she'd already gotten a pamphlet but she didn't know where our church was. So we led her there :) She said she'd be willing to meet with us too, she's just not sure when right now since today she goes to TaiNan and she also has to go to TaiZhong and GaoXiong for work and said she wasn't sure when she'd get back :(
In other news, this week will be busy. We're going to Taibei almost daily... So much traveling!!! Not fun really... But on Saturday we have a mission devotional with Elder Packer of the 70, Boyd K. Packer's son or grandson or something like that. I'm excited for it. It should be good :)
So yea, life is good. Still just working hard and loving being a missionary! Hope all is good in your neck of the woods!
Love you!
Sister Thomsen

No comments:

Post a Comment