Sunday, March 9, 2014

1/19/14

Da Jia hao!
This week was fabulous! Going on exchanges is usually a great experience and this last week was no exception. I loved being with Sister Chen. I feel like she really helped me a lot in remembering why we're missionaries and remembering why I love this work. She helped remind me to see the miracles. I've been slacking on it lately and it was a blessing to be with her. The first day, before she even did the training with me, she just kept pointing out miracles of the next day. Then the next day, she did training and it truly was a day full of miracles. Her serving me and showing me love was a miracle. The two sisters we met while traveling to exchange were miracles. When I got back to my area, working for team Jesus and finding a new investigator for the elders was a miracle. Every day is full of them but lately I've been slacking in seeing them. So, this week was really awesome and FULL of miracles!
One of my favorites is that yesterday we had Zhu Jiemei come to church again. She's come to church every week for a month straight! The catch? She's not an investigator. She decided not long ago that she wanted to come to church so she just came. And she really seems to be opening up. I believe the church is changing her heart. Yesterday she opened up and told us that she's already Christian in another church. She has resisted all attempts for us to meet with her but I feel like she's really softening towards us sisters, mainly because of the love she feels from us and our members. It's truly incredible to see.
Another miracle was seeing Heavenly Father's hand. On Saturday night we'd had a lesson scheduled with someone from Indonesia that was male so we got one of our few members with really good english to peike. Sadly, we got fanged but I feel like it was the Lord's hand as we met with Hu Jiemei. I love her to death already, I feel like we've gotten to be really good friends but I felt that night that I really got to be a tool in the hands of the Lord in helping her to feel better. I've realized the power we missionaries have in that when our members trust us, they really trust and rely on us. They tell us things they wont tell others, they completely open up because they believe we can help. And the thing is, as we rely on the spirit, we can! I've seen that both times I've met with Hu Jiemei because both times things were said that were not from me, I know they were Heavenly Father trying to comfort His daughter. It's incredible. Just before that, we'd also run into a guy on the street who said he's really stressed out with work and such and was just looking for peace and comfort, a way to feel better. To share prayer and the Book of Mormon with Him was an incredible experience as well. Again, being a tool in the hands of the Lord, truly a blessing and a miracle.
In other news, there are BIG changes in the Taiwan Taibei mission! First of all, in any area there are sisters, it used to be that they shared the area with Elders. However, as of this week that has changed. We have our own individual areas where Sister Beazer and I will be encouraging members, LAs, and investigators of both sexes in our area and the Elders will do the same with their area. This means we are handing several of our investigators over to the elders and vice-versa. Heartbreaking as it is, I feel like it'll also get the members to step-up and truly help in the hastening of the work.
We also have a new restoration pamphlet! And a new contacting method to go with it! Every time we touch our name badges, we're supposed to introduce our missionary purpose, which then makes it easier to lead into baptism. I LOVE this method! It's really helping people know from the get-go why we're here and not wasting their time or ours when they're not yet ready for the gospel. Such a blessing.
I love life. I love being a missionary. I'm so grateful for this chance! I love to see these new changes and I can't wait to see what comes of it, regardless of the stress it may or may not add :P
Oh and heads up, our temple day is February 5th so I will NOT be e-mailing you on the 3rd. Apparently a lot of parents stress when they don't get an e-mail so now you know :P Don't e-mail President and ask why I haven't e-mailed, k? haha.....
So that's it for the week. Hope this finds you well! Love you all! Jiayou!
Wo ai ni-o!
Sister Thomsen

No comments:

Post a Comment