Sunday, March 9, 2014

3/2/14

Hello all!
Miracles this last week? I feel like the biggest miracle has been my attitude towards missionary work. This week we didn't have any incredible new finding experiences, we didn't have any baptisms. But we had incredible lessons. We worked hard and we tried. This week I gave my all to missionary work. I love weeks like this, where I can try and try. Where we're told more LAs we can go visit and work with. Because of it, I feel like the spirit's been with me even stronger, which means it's been even stronger in our lessons. That's always a miracle. When you can give the lesson over to the spirit and try to be an instrument in the Lord's hands. Overall, I feel like this transfer and this last week my attitude has changed tremendously. I'm still more or less doing the same things I did in XiZhi but my outlook is different which makes it a lot easier to keep doing the work and working hard. Always a blessing and a miracle, when you see yourself begin to change and to see your attitude change, so they're not the traditional ones but they're the ones that change the world the most because they help you to better change the world.
I also have had some really cool epiphanies based on scriptures shared in church and Elder Holland's talk this week. Yesterday in Testimony meeting, we had a brother stand up and share with us D&C 78:17. That scripture changed my life. It reminded me of Elder Holland telling us that we "ain't seen nothin' yet" that we have no idea the blessings Heavenly Father has planned for us. It was incredible. I also had another awesome epiphany riding my bike back from Yingge. It's a very long bike ride, at least half an hour. Well, I was thinking about Abinadi for some reason, and was just reminded that we have no idea the good we do. Our time as missionaries is very short. I think Abinadi's time as a prophet was very short. We don't read about him being around for too long. He had no idea the impact he would have. He may have doubted that he had accomplished his purpose, that he'd done any good. But at the end of the day, he had 1 convert. That ONE convert then proceeded to change the world by baptizing hundreds. We have no idea. Maybe as missionaries we have 20 baptisms, maybe just one, maybe we just bring an LA back into the fold. But that one person we impact because we will impact at least one can then go on to change the world, then go on to baptize hundreds. It was an incredible and humbling epiphany that I loved.
President also told us that Elder Holland put pictures from his mission tour here in Taiwan on Facebook so go take a look at his profile, you may see a familiar face!!! :P
I want you all to know I love you. I love this gospel. I know it's true. I know it can and will change lives. It can and will change our lives if we only let it. This last week I've really felt the love and power the gospel can bring. I want to invite you to read Ether 12:27. Think of your weaknesses and pray to Heavenly Father to help you make them your strengths. It really can and will bless your life. It'll change your life. And you will change the world!
Have a good week! Take care of yourselves!
Love, Sister Thomsen

No comments:

Post a Comment